• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Forgotten Shotw

Wolfe

Copper BB
Greetings All,

A friend and I were discussing firearms we once owned. I had told him of a shotgun that was given to me when my father passed away. Unfortunately, I ran into financial problems and had to sell it in the early 1990's.

My problem is that I can see the shotgun in my mind but do not remember the model of it. I hope someone here will be able to tell me the model from my description.

It was a single shot Mossberg 12 gauge. In front of the trigger guard was another trigger that when pulled, broke it open. One thing I thought was unique was when it was broke open it could be folded entirely back until the barrel touched the underside of the butt stock. Don't remember type of wood, but it was pretty. There was no recoil pad. To me the barrel seemed longer than an average shotgun. The barrel was not ribbed. The entire receiver was a dull silver color. I'm thinking it was aluminum. My mother bought this as a Christmas present in 1965, 66, or 67.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Back