• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Triad Tactical shotshell stock pack

@cockedNlocked
I looked relentlessly for the Eagle, to my dismay, it's no longer made. It's through that search I found the Triad. I have nothing else to compare it to, only to say its what I had hoped it would be and I'm very satisfied.

If you do get one, I'd be interested in hearing how it compares to the Eagle.

I have two others, one Eagle and the other from Fox.

I like this one better. Seems a lot tougher and made of better materials...

I want to update as the newness has worn off.

It's no longer a novelty, something new I admire and look at because its cool.

It's a very functional product. It shoulders without noticing its there. I haven't had to relearn my cheek weld. On the gun, part of the gun. We've done a good deal of shooting with it on there as I get more loads (I'm still experimenting with the 835 and I test everything through the 500 too).

It's easy on the face with 3" 00. Or that's what I'm told, with the beard everything feels fine anyway, so my test subject is a 16 year old daughter. (Yeah that's right, she's 16, about 100 pounds, and digs 12 ga 3" magnum buckshot)

In any case, I like it enough ill be ordering another in the near future.

Yes it is, very much so!

I use the heck out of these things. I'm trying something a little different with this one. I'm using the rear strap as a sling attachment point by sliding a parkerized rectangular "D" over it. Not sure how that's gonna work yet. Seems ok, I just don't know how it will hold up to use. I carry my 835 almost every time I'm out on the property. It's an excellent position for carrying, but I don't know if its strong enough. I'll get a pic of it this weekend yet. I may even contact Steve of Triad and get his opinion and see if he's interested in engineering something more permanent and durable.

I'll get back on all this.

@LAZY EYED SNIPER

Here's a pic of what I'm talking about;

image.jpg

It works very well and is comfortable to carry. It keeps the trigger guard out of my back. I don't know if it can stand up long term to the pressure. If it were reinforced maybe. I'll keep using it and keep an eye on it and see what happens.

Very cool.

I did something similar on my Ps90 using some nylon straps, a few buckles, and a D-ring...

The D-ring is very secure and supports the weight of the weapon nicely. The buckles were a must for the set-up since the butt pad slides off to allow access to the guts for disassembly...

Works well with an Ares Armor slider sling...

Looks good, I'd never have guessed that you made it! Mine looks a little less factory but gives me an idea if I can find another slider.

That looks good Brad. How comfortable is it when you have it shouldered up?

That looks good Brad. How comfortable is it when you have it shouldered up?

We don't even notice it's there. It doesn't add anything significant enough to change your style or hold. Allison shot it this evening (I'll have a post in the 835 section later). I wanted her to shoot before turkey season starts next weekend. I asked how it felt and if she had any issues shouldering and sighting and she said she didn't notice it was there, neither the sling nor the stock pack. But she did say the gun hits like a 12 pound hammer.

Back