• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

A few knives

Just a few I have acquired over the years.
Caastetal-57.jpg~original

Caast9-25.jpg~original

For 40 years I had a replica dai-sho with chrome-plated brass blades that were duller than a butter knife. Not long ago I replaced those blades with these sixteenth century Shinto era blades in the same furniture. The tanto is of recent production steel.
Tanto-196.jpg~original

Tanto-152.jpg~original

This kris came to me all rusted over and the scabbard required extensive repair. As with other weapons I wrapped the handle for a better grip.
Kris-091.jpg~original

Kris-008.jpg~original

Kris-328.jpg~original

Last edited:
This Khukuri from India was in great shape when I got it. A bit of Kiwi on the scabbard was all that was needed to make it look good.
Khukuri-022.jpg~original

Khukuri-032.jpg~original

Khukuri-005.jpg~original

Last edited:
From Pakistan comes the Khyber Bowie. A Pakistani friend tells me he never saw such a weapon there so draw your own conclusion. The brass needed lots of work with Brasso and steel wool.
Khyber-031.jpg~original

Khyber-040.jpg~original

The wood grips on this stainless sabre were narrower than the tang so it absolutely needed to be wrapped and in such a way as to keep my knuckle off the hand guard. The sheath was custom made at a local saddlery shop.
Sword-192.jpg~original

Sword-195.jpg~original

Last edited:
This sheath was also made at the aforementioned saddlery shop. I requested Texas style tooling for The Alamo Commemorative Bowie Knife that came with only a display case.
This was my first large knife that got me started on this collection. Thanks for letting me share.
Alamo-091.jpg~original

Alamo-122.jpg~original

Alamo-07.jpg~original

Thanks Mike.
Among other things I wanted a matched pair of fighting knives. As luck would have it I fount three Schrade Custom knives so I wrapped the grips on two of them. Don't want to cover the pretty handles but this way they are much easier to hold especially when doing palm changes.

Sscrade-190.jpg~original

Sscrade-177.jpg~original

That's a very meaty collection Parabellus.

Now you need one of those things the guard carries at the tower of London. Like a combo spear and battle ax.
The Halberd. ;)

Back