• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

LOCK BOLT PLATE

NEW GUY HERE BUT A GUN GUY FOREVER,COULD SOMEONE ANSWER WHY DOES THE LOCK BOLT PLATE ON THE LEFT SIDE CONTACT THE HAMMER INSTEAD OF BOTH SIDES AT THE SAME TIME ? IF YOU HOLD THE COCKING PLATE AND LOOK AT IT ONE SIDE IS ABOUT .060 TO .090 TALLER THAN THE OTHER SIDE.WOULD IT HURT TO MAKE THEM THE SAME AND POLISH A NICE SMOOTH RADIUS WERE THEY START TO CONTACT THE HAMMER ?????? THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME.DOCTOR DICK

Welcome to the Mossberg Owners Forum Richard !!

What's with the UPPER CASE Shouting...!? :rolleyes:

EASIER FOR ME TO TYPE HANDS GOT BURNT IN A EXPLOSION AND ITS EASIER TO TYPE WITH ONE HAND ,SMALL CASE OR LARGE YOUR CHOICE ! i guess no one knows how how to answer my question above. thank you for your service to our country .

Welcome aboard Doc.

Been a slow couple days around here with folks out celebrating or traveling for the holiday. Not sure I've ever noticed what you're calling out. Can you post a photo of what you're referring to? If not I can get inside my receiver and take a look...

I read the question earlier, but admit that I'm somewhat confused what you're pointing out, so thus my hesitation to answer.

The lock bolt cocking channel hits the hammer the on the left side before the right and it touchs the left and lifts the sear rod
which would make cense but why dose it hit the hammer channel on the left before side not at the same side.Im just one of those guys that starts at 320 grit and polish things that touchs each other,and ends at 3000 grit.So its as slick as it can be.DOCTOR DICK

Back