• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

No flex on Patrol Model???!

Gonz9731

interested in an MVP but having a hard time rationalizing why the Fkex system is not on the patrol model that might require firing with ballistic armor on either hard and/or soft making the adjustable LOP a nice option and the Flex Model has no BUIS or Flash Suppression.
Admittedly I can't decide which model I'd like however I'm leaning toward the Flex but for the 18.5" 7.62 barrel not the Flex system. So I'm going to have to buy a Flex model just to spend more money on a straight comb non-PG stock?

I'm hoping I'm missing something and if so please bring me up to speed. What I'd like is a bolt action that accepts my many M14 mags.

So I thought the MVP would be perfect but looking into it has me confused.

Ideally I'd like the fixed tan stock on a "std" non-patrol type MVP.

I just bought a used MVP flex with the 18.5" barrel, swapped the stock onto my MVP patrol, and then sold the 18.5" one with the old stock off my patrol.

Also, I felt like the castle nut was pretty necessary since there is already a hex nut to lock the extension tube in place.

So I cut about a half inch off the front of the buffer tube and screwed it back in with no castle nut. Looks alot better IMHO

Back