• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

First shotgun, check it out.

351 Boss

Copper BB
So I just picked up this shotgun I traded 2 Nintendo 3ds consoles for it and considering I'd been trying to sell them for 120$ for months I figured it was a good deal for me. This thing is in pristine condition and looks to have been hardly ever shot. The PO said he had only 30-50 rounds through it. It came with all 3 chokes and a box of shells. It functions perfectly and i love it. Not a huge fan of the gigantic barrel i plan on trying to trade or just picking up a 20 inch with the 7 shot tube to make it more manageable indoors. Here are some pictures.

Good Deal! Welcome Aboard! :)

Feel free to use the picture hosting feature here at MO. That way they stay here if something happens to your PB acct. :(

The info you seek about 20" barrel and mag. tube swap is here at MO--just use the search function with keywords. But it would be far easier just to pick up an 18" barrel from a 500 or 88. Cost you in the $100-$125 range new and takes about 30 seconds to swap out with practice. Maybe less if you can find one used. Will make it look like a "riot gun"... ;)

With unloaded gun (mag AND chamber and double-check), pull slide back about halfway, loosen barrel take-down nut at end of mag tube, wiggle barrel off, take replacement barrel, wiggle it back on, tighten take-down screw, check slide for proper function. Takes longer to read this than to do it. :D

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I'm glad to hear I got a steal of a deal. I tried to uplad the photos here but it was not likeing my mobile browser. Anyway I already got into tearing this thing down and it is so easy I'm gonna love this shotgun I can already tell. While I do agree the 18.5 is a cheaper option there is just something about the 20 with the extended shell tube that is sexy as hell to me. So I think that's going to be the route I go even if it does cost a bit more. Its also going to be getting a pistol grip and ar stock adapter with a extended slide release. I have not decided on ghost rings or a reflex sight. I'm sure I will get other goodies along the way like a shell holder, sling, and some kind of upgraded fore grip. I can't wait to get started.

Hey nice! I bought a new 88 for $225... So are you gonna go synthetic or keep the wood? And is that rust on the right side of the receiver or just the lighting?

That's just the lighting in the pic no rust on this baby. It looks brand new still only a few scuff marks on it and you have to really look for those. I'll be going synthetic and ditching the wood.

Cool. And you should consider get the blueing replaced with Cerakote. For a 500, the cost of this averages $150-$200. Definitely worth it. It'll keep rust off till kingdom come.

That's an awesome deal on a great looking boomstick! Good luck on the modifications! Every now and then I see on eBay the complete 20" barrel with magazine tube, pistol grip, and 7-58" slide tube and forend for about $150-$180. It's also parkerized, although I'm not sure you want to stay with a blued finish or not.

Before I forget, I didn't see it mentioned, but the action slide tube for the forend on your 500 is 6-3/4". Since just about every aftermarket forend uses the 7-5/8" action slide tube, you will need to get one of them, too (and the corresponding nut for the end of it). Also, Hogue makes an adapter nut for the 6-3/4" slide tube. However, it makes the end of the slide tube a smidge wider than it otherwise would be. As a result, you may have to do some minor Dremel work on whatever forend you decide to get.

Great score...!!

Welcome to the Mossberg Owners Forum !!

Back