• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

MAC's tour of ZQI ammo plant

I thoroughly enjoyed seeing that video you linked. Thank You!!!!!!!!!!

Interesting video. Never tried it before, but I see it all the time. Their bulk can ammo price isn't bad at all at Walmart. Think I'll pick some up soon and check it out

I don't like their 7.62x51 in my Fal.

Looks more like a shotgun pattern than a group.

On the same note, I can shoot wolf 308 ammo and it shoots 1 moa or better out of the same gun.

Go figure.

Cool seeing all the machinery and processes though.

I have some of their 9mm ammo that I like well.

Never been to an ammo plant before, but when I was in school I got to go to Thiokol in north Utah, where they make rocket fuel and rocket motors. Way Out in the desert . . . Faaaaar from civilization. ;)

Lots of security there, even back in the '70s. They make every one turn in their smokes, matches and lighters at the gate.

Rocket fuel is mixed in big mixmasters, just like the ones used to make whipped potatoes, only huge. They mixed like 400 lbs at a time. Then they had these giant "bobbin winders" sorta like on a Singer sewing machine, which wound the fibers to make fiberglass composite motor cases and nose cones.

When you're in a place like that, it's rather sobering. You're always thinking that just one bozo making a spark could set the whole thing off.

Back