• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Remington managed recoil slug

I dont know that I have seen them anywhere... Not at WalMart or at the gun shows...

I'm not good enough for 80-100 yd acurracy but they are reduced recoil. i don't think 45%
but definitely less. A lot depends on weight of gun. Hard to find- my LGS used to order them
for me. I use a 20ga. and my gun likes remington ammo.

ladytech777 said:
A lot depends on weight of gun.

So true! Theres a definite difference between my 590A1 with the heavy barrel and my 500 Persuader with all types of loads, even target loads!

Rossignol said:
ladytech777 said:
A lot depends on weight of gun.

So true! Theres a definite difference between my 590A1 with the heavy barrel and my 500 Persuader with all types of loads, even target loads!

Most 20ga are lighter than 12's. I got tired of being beat up by the gun. Sore shoulder and cheek bruises. I put an ATI stock on it and Limbsaver pad. Still had a few issues. Finally just added some big fishing weights into stock. Gun weight went from 71/4 to 8 lbs- problem solved and balance was better also. When I was satisfied- I just put some good caulking in stock to keep weights in place.
I don't bother with "low recoil" loads anymore- most are just overpriced.

Regarding price, I have yet to price 20 ga. shells. With 12 ga. , I dislike paying $1 a shell, so I wait till I find deals, mostly at gun shows, and stock up then on the stuff I cant find at WalMart.

Reducing recoil is becoming more a necessity than a luxury for me.

I'm not as young (or in as good of shape) as I used to be.

John A. said:

Same here. Rhumatoid Arthritis in my shoulders and chest have lead me to try the reduced/low recoil loads. Although experimenting and learning the "Push/Pull" method help quite a bit too! There are a few other things that have helped as well.

Rossignol said:
John A. said:

Same here. Rhumatoid Arthritis in my shoulders and chest have lead me to try the reduced/low recoil loads. Although experimenting and learning the "Push/Pull" method help quite a bit too! There are a few other things that have helped as well.

Oh the joys of gettin' older! The 20 i use seems to be like the 12 I had 30yrs ago.
I am trying to do it gracefully. I may be gettin' older but I'm never gonna grow up!!

I am 39 and I think I bought half of my chiropractors BMW…..But I have had nothing but hard jobs, fighting fire, logging the couple years I machined gun barrels was a nice break but I couldn’t stand that same thing day in day out so back to the woods for me, plus a couple bad motorcycle wrecks and now age on top of it…..thankfully I moved up the chain and point my finger more nowadays, and I like your philosophy I’m not going to grow up either but I am coming to the terms that I am not the bull of the woods anymore, getting hard to keep up with the youngsters on the fires :lol:

Oh yeah! Before being laid off, I was running crews instead of climbing steel! Now I'm back to the bottom of the food chain building pressure vessel tanks, welding and grinding and climbing up and down the things... Hows that song go?

"What a drag it is growing old"

No doubt , and the guys at work older than me say "your just getting started dont bitch to us you can still see and you dont limp". :|

oli700 said:
No doubt , and the guys at work older than me say "your just getting started dont bitch to us you can still see and you dont limp". :|

I know that feelin too!

My Dr. keeps telling me the best thing I can do is...............
I just tell her- I don't deserve the best , what's second best because if I knew I was gonna get this old I would have taken better care of myself! LOL

Back