• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Random Stream of Consciousness

Straight from the Vet's mouth...rescue could be the way to go !!

...and I was just kiddin' bout dem quarters... ;)

I agree Dan and Shooter! And yeah, on the quarters... :lol:

I think she may be over getting the dog for now! Heck, we already have 6 dogs, a goat, 3 birds and 2 armadillo lizards... We dont need anymore!!!

Guns however, we need! I need, whatever...

ladytech777 said:
Be careful- gold is over $1800.oz.!

I managed to re-dodge that bullet, I didnt sell the gold! ;)

Back on track with randomness;

Yall ever notice the number of incidents invovling an accidental/unintentional discharge of a firearm with someone being injured because the firearm was loaded while cleaning? Since when does a gun need to be loaded to clean it?

I would sell my 2 bull dogs for $3500 for the pair. Augustus Disgustus (my avatar) and Izzys Bulldashous Lilly. Both AKC registered and neither are neutered or spayed. They both want to be someones lap dog.

I'm not feelin' the luv there nasa...

Augustus Disgustus & Bulldashous Lilly !!

Too funny...
lol-1.gif

Sn3aKyGuY said:
If you put dirty bullets back in it, what's the point in cleaning it!?! :lol:

Hmmm... I guess that would be like making the bed, and then getting back in it later? Guess youre making a good point and all, I'll have to start doin that!

And NASA gets the random of the day award! :D

If you are driving down th road in your canoe and one of the wheels falls off, how many pancakes does it take to shingle a doghouse?

Ripsnortr said:
If you are driving down th road in your canoe and one of the wheels falls off, how many pancakes does it take to shingle a doghouse?

Apples, because oranges are out of season.

My son has been wanting a sword for some time.

Today, I got him a Naginata and sword. Summarily, I told him if he ever comes at me with one, I'll shoot him before he gets close enough.

Now that's extreme random !! How old is your son ?! ...and what's a "Naginata and sword" ??

A naginata is, simply stated, a "pole sword". It's a spear-like weapon where the spearhead is replaced by a single edged sword. It was a standard infantry weapon in feudal Japan and also used by Samurai. The naginata gave it's wheilder extended reach and when swung, greatly increased the power of the blade far beyond that of contemporary swords. Those highly skilled in naginatajutsu would have been a great asset on the field of battle. The photo below represents one type of naginata, but the blades varied significantly in shape and size.

Just like I tell my son if he tries to pass me when we are riding I will ram, run over and or kick him over…..those rules were in effect the day I realized he could ride better than me. You know you always want your kids to be better than you but he has a way to make it sting a little. What’s cool though is he still knows in the back of his head I’ll do it, he always says “never underestimate old man strength”….I’m only 39.

Brad I would say your safe as long as you arent riding a horse full bore at him.....that thing looks like it would be a good calvery skewer

Shooter, He's about to be 15. We got him the naginata just like what Lazy pictured as well as a samurai sword. Nothing super fancy, but demonstration quality at a fair price, so I went ahead and got em for him! He has a friend who does some martial arts weapons training (I'm not sure the practicality of it all, but they like it and it keeps them active) so he has been interested in the stuff for awhile now...

Lazy, the naginata we got looks exactly like the one you posted!

Oli, you definitely have to keep a seed planted in there that they cant take you yet! I know what you mean about wanting them to be better, but they have to understand youthful exuberance will never overcome old age and treachery!!! I'm 36, if he ever decided to start somethin with me, I've only got a good 30 to 45 seconds in me! :lol:

Nasty lookin blade...!!

And, I agree...stay the Alpha as long as you can...eat or be eaten...1st rule of the jungle !!

;)

Does your son shoot !?...we always see Alison in the videos...

...and thanks SNIPER, for the history lesson !

( I'm being replaced folks....SNIPER is now the Alpha professor.... :lol: )

Back