• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Shockwave Blade pistol stabilizer brace

John A.

Unconstitutional laws are not laws.
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
When shooting a large handgun, having some way to help stabilize it is a big help.

I have seen a couple different types of stabilizers as of late after the various ATF tech branch determinations that these are legal to be used on handguns and I wanted to try the Shockwave mainly to help support a Veteran based business.

Of the different types, this one seemed to more in tune with what I thought a stabilizer should be.

The "Blade" type design lends itself to always remain in compliance because from looking at it, would be far too uncomfortable to be used in a manner inconsistent with how these are designed.

After all, if one were to try to shoulder the handgun (which would be unlawful), I think the length of pull would be too short making the sights to line up right, recoil would likely make the charging handle hit you in the face, and the blade stabilizer itself would likely dig into your shoulder like a fat woman in high heels stepping on your feet during a slow dance.

Anyway, I just wanted to get some conversation started if anyone had any questions about the product.

Myself, I think it's good quality. If I had any small critique about it at all, it would be to add a little more length to the bottom of the brace to have more surface contact area with the inside of the shooters forearm. It also didn't come with any kind of strapping material, but I think I'll buy some Velcro tape the next time I go to the store and see how that works to keep the rear of the handgun as more solid extension of the arm.

Anyway, here are a few pictures of it installed on the 9mm handgun.

shockwave 002.JPG

b05d4ef0-8eb0-4fcd-b9d5-67b6d7f92ee3_zpsmqtozey6.jpg

IMG_1055-640x811.jpg

IMG_1057-640x818.jpg

Meh, someone else trying to capitalize off of the Sig Brace idea while not infringing on copy rights, patents, etc... I like the idea of the Sig Brace and the whole pistol or sbr thing, I've considered making my dissipator a pistol and going that route. In the long run I won't though, cause I'm lazy lol

For extending your arm , holding it upright , dueling pistol style, and actually using the irons, the blade is a better idea than the sig because the way the sig runs down your forearm it makes it impossible to sight properly.
To strap on a sig one actually has to turn the firearm on its side to line up irons.....I use mine for quick draw hip shooting so I really don't need any sights but they look cool

Itsricmo, I was never really interested in the AR pistol thing. I've had an SBR AR since probably '05, so I never needed an AR pistol because I could legally throw any upper on my registered lower and be 100% compliance with the SBR.

Recently however, I added a short 9mm upper to my collection and had an extra receiver so I wanted to try out the whole pistol AR thing to see what it was about.

Between us, I like the SBR route a lot better in terms of fit and function, but I'm mainly using the pistol as a plinker range toy so that's the driving force behind it.

I may or may not keep it like this forever. Especially when I get the hankering to shoot it suppressed because with the can on it, is front heavy in pistol form, but on the SBR is negligible.

Anyway, for me, this is more a novelty, though when I have the upper suppressed on the SBR lower, would make a helluva home defense gun. A helluva HD gun.

Well....gotta throw in my .02

Since the advent of the pistol brace there is only one good reason to pay 200 to the Feds and wait for permission to comply with unconstitutional laws , and that reason is none

If one can't make a brace work one is not trying

I'm sure there are many who are not going the way of tax stamps now that they can help balance out a big heavy handgun better now.

Doorway Pullup Bar Brackets (prototypes)
I posted this on another forum i frequent but thought it might apply here? ;)

Whipped these up the other day to use as pullup bar supports you would mount in a doorway. A pipe will be cut to length about 1" short of the doorway width and put into the brackets, then screwed into the door frame. A set screw keeps the pipe from rotating, if desired, while doing pullups.

They are prototypes and I just roasted some welds on there in my impatience... :rolleyes: ;) I may make some prettier units and have them black anodized next month along with some other parts. I'll make a weld jig if I do that to hold everything tighttight for tigging.

I had a sample pipe kicking around I used for sizing... :D

Attachments

• pubar1.jpg
    pubar1.jpg
    268.7 KB · Views: 20
  • pubar2.jpg
    pubar2.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 18
nice work, nosy neighbors might not like to see you doing pull ups on such a nicely improvised pull up bar. Some people cant mind their business and worry about others well being too much.
Me......I know your a grown up and know what the repercussions are for using home made gym equipment , no warranty , no refund, and the people who regulate gym equipment have no since of humor.....pricks

Looks cool. Way to think outside the box.

@Bobster that's some heavy duty pull up bars brother. Should support the reciprocating weight well when mounted up for your use!

@John A. As @oli700 said... there is no reason to pay the $200 now or I'd be considering that route and thus thread wouldn't exist lol I actually just got my A2 FSB from Dez Arms.. that's for another post though lol

Thank you. That one is scary quiet. Had I known it would've been as quiet as it turned out to be, I would've named it "SPOOK".

That suppressor is my crowning achievement of silencers.

I can stand on the porch and my wife can be just inside the house on the couch watching tv with the door open, and she can't hear it.

It's that good.

Doorway Pullup Bar Brackets (prototypes)
I posted this on another forum i frequent but thought it might apply here? ;)

Whipped these up the other day to use as pullup bar supports you would mount in a doorway. A pipe will be cut to length about 1" short of the doorway width and put into the brackets, then screwed into the door frame. A set screw keeps the pipe from rotating, if desired, while doing pullups.

They are prototypes and I just roasted some welds on there in my impatience... :rolleyes: ;) I may make some prettier units and have them black anodized next month along with some other parts. I'll make a weld jig if I do that to hold everything tighttight for tigging.

I had a sample pipe kicking around I used for sizing... :D

^I totally be a buyer!!

Lol that's awesome! I do love SBRs but when there is a legit runaround for the ridiculous $200 tax... why not avoid it and have a "pistol"BR haha

One gun high on my list for SBR is a M92 PAP... just because it's mean as hell looking!

Lol that's awesome! I do love SBRs but when there is a legit runaround for the ridiculous $200 tax... why not avoid it and have a "pistol"BR

ok ;)

mis6w.jpg

Not my pic, but I liked it when I was googling m92 pap sbr.

Back