• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Wicked Edge Field and Sport Pro

cockedNlocked

Product Review Manager
Staff member
Hello everyone today I would like to talk about the Wicked Edge Field and Sport sharpener. I have been using this sharpener for a little over 3 months and sharpened somewhere around 20 knives, and must say the edges results from this sharpener are absolutely amazing. There are several different setups that you can purchase, the one we received from Wicked edge was the Field and Sport Pro with the upgraded pro pack II, which comes with the upgraded ball arms and the extra 800/1000 grit diamond stones. EDIT: Spoke to Wicked edge today and was told that the kit is no longer the pro kit which sold for 450.00 but now is sold at a lower price of $299.00 and doesn't come with the 800/1000 grit stones but they could be purchased for an additional $70.00 which is cheaper than the Pro kit used to be.

https://www.wickededgeusa.com/

The kit comes with

Carrying case
Wicked Edge patented Clamping systems
Easy to use 1 degree increment angle system
C clamp to easily mount the system to firm surfaces
Upgraded pro pack II Angle system with ball joints and and micro angel adjustments
2 of each 100/200, 400/600, (now sold separate 800/1000 stones)
Marker for making sure your hitting angle precisely
Dept gauge key and allens keys to use clamp

I went ahead and purchased the 5/3.5 micron Diamond paste strops ($40.00)

DSC_5424 by Alex Carrasquillo, on Flickr

Setup of this kit is extremely easy, the clamp system is in a block which you use the C clamp to secure to a firm surface, in this case i used a normal table

DSC_5425 by Alex Carrasquillo, on Flickr
DSC_5426 by Alex Carrasquillo, on Flickr

There are 2 adjusment knobs on the Pro pack 2 the bottom knob is used for solid 1 degree adjustments and the top knob is used to make micro adjustments, this come in handy when you are trying to make a perfect edge angle on both sides of the blade, especially if the original grind is not perfect.

DSC_5427 by Alex Carrasquillo, on Flickr

As you can see each set of diamond stones has 2 different grits on them, and also color coded for easier recognition. The 100/200 grit stone are red/orange, the 400/600 stones are yellow/green and the 800/1000 grit stones are blue/purple.

DSC_5429 by Alex Carrasquillo, on Flickr
DSC_5430 by Alex Carrasquillo, on Flickr

When clamping the blade in the Wicked edge clamp there are 2 sets of wholes that you can use for dept and repeatably for sharpening your favorite blades. There is also a built in ruler gauge which has letter markings and hash marks.

DSC_5435 by Alex Carrasquillo, on Flickr

You will set your angel and work your way through the stones making sure you apex the edge and take the burr off, alternating strokes to keep from burring just one side.

DSC_5438 by Alex Carrasquillo, on Flickr

DSC_5441 by Alex Carrasquillo, on Flickr

I am looking to put this system up again the Edge Pro and see if i can get similar results from that system, my final opinion on this system is that if your looking to get the best possible edge out of your knife you need to used one of the best sharpeners in the business. Yes some people will say its very expsnsive and you can get just as good of an edge free hand or with cheaper systems, well i beg to differ. I have done some free hand and have used cheaper systems (sharpmaker, lansky) and yes your can get amazing results, but no where near as consistent as using the Wicked Edge, the repeatably alone is worth the price.

Thank you everyone and if you have any questions please post and thank you Wicked Edge!

Last edited:
After seeing how well this system works I added this to my list of things to buy! Thanks for taking the time to review this item.

I was thinking all the way through this that it seemed much like the Lansky I've been using for years but a little more refined and a more precise mechanism for maintaining a consistent angle.

Looks like a good setup.

nice write up.

I was thinking all the way through this that it seemed much like the Lansky I've been using for years but a little more refined and a more precise mechanism for maintaining a consistent angle.

Looks like a good setup.
that price must be a typo ?.....been on a Lansky for years as well and don't see how it can get much better .
These systems with stone and repeatable angle is superior to anything else especially anything with a motor.

Oli i have used lanskys as well but the fact that the micro adjustment to the exact degree makes it worth every penny, no more 15 degree one side and 13.9 degree on the other i can get perfect repeatable angles on both sides of the knife, and now i am running digital angle cube to get the exact angle i want

Back