• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Uncle Mike's Swivels Are Toxic?

Thomas Cross

Supporter
I recently purchased a set of Uncle Mike's magazine cap and sling swivels for my 500A. Just today, as I was taking a closer look at the packaging, I spotted this notice on the back of the paper insert:

WARNING: This product contains chemicals known to the State Of California to cause cancer and/or birth defects or other reproductive harm.

I noticed that this product is made in China. Could it be toxic paint that they are warning about?

Gunny nailed it.

Funny, I was just noticing that the other day that something, I cannot remember what it was now, now had the same warning and I was laughing about it.

Oddly enough and despite the fact that it's full of lead AND explosive, California doesn't require that warning label on ammo. Go figure.
I spent most of my life in California until I came to my senses 6 years ago and moved to Idaho....

Last edited:
Gunny nailed it.

Funny, I was just noticing that the other day that something, I cannot remember what it was now, now had the same warning and I was laughing about it.
My steering wheel cover has the same warning. I chocked it up to a bunch of hippies.

California has banned lead bullets for some hunting. .I think its a answer to a problem that doesn't exist. The anti hunting folks keep coming up with new restrictions every year. What is really scary is they make criminals out of good people.

The more I ponder this, I tend to think the warning is probably valid.

Countless animals have been killed by guns equipped with this sling mount. I'm pretty sure none of these animals will ever reproduce again so the warning my have some merit. o_O

My dog poo bags are biodegradable everywhere except California, says so on the package.

Mostly dog poop. Sometimes human if I'm camping in a strict pack it out area. All preserved for eternity:)

Every hospital, store & restaurant in calif has (approximately) this sign on it:

WARNING: This facility contains chemicals known to the State Of California to cause cancer and/or birth defects or other reproductive harm.

The thing is, our air contains all those things too, so let's really confuse people by telling them it's bad to breathe outdoors, but don't go inside either! :confused:

The millions of bucks California spent on this program and all those signs, is a testament to the very low level of scientific and technical understanding common to our government officials.

They weren't foresighted or educated enough to realize that elements on that list of dangerous stuff they compiled would exist in virtually every building in the state that had a bathroom, a thermostat, or an air conditioner. That is, every damn one. o_O

But there is hope yet.

Study the geography of California and you'll realize that when Frisco and LA sink into the ocean, that Clovis will be a beach town, and my property values will skyrocket. Not all Californians live in fear of earthquakes.

I bought a new sandbag last night (Caldwell tack driver) & it had this label now showing up on all products here:

WARNING: This product may contain chemicals known to the State Of California to cause cancer and/or birth defects or other reproductive harm.

when it comes to wasting money nobody does it better than our government.

Back