• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Adjustable stock for SA 20?

Librarian

Copper BB
Similar question to the threads asking about a youth stock or the comparison to the Weatherby 459, but a California twist.

The SA-20 Railed - http://www.mossberg.com/product/sa-20-railed-75778/ is on the 'to buy' list; the pistol grip is not desired.

But I would like the gun to be usable by me and my much shorter wife, so an adjustable LOP is a desirable feature. Not only is there apparently some question as to whether an ATI stock would fit, but the models I have seen from ATI include a pistol grip.

That turns out to be important in California - semi-auto shotgun + folding/adjustable stock + pistol grip yields 'assault weapon', so I don't want to go there.

I am almost resigned to getting the fixed stock altered to fit my wife. Anyone know what that should cost?

(Aside - I do have a 930 tactical - mine works fine - but wife doesn't like 12 gauge.)

They do make a Bantam version SA-20 with 13" LOP. It has the long (hunting) barrel. It IS heartening to still see them in Mossy's catalog. You can try calling Mossberg to see if they offer the bantam stock separately but what I can tell you a year or two ago I looked for a PG stock for my Thug and it was made of unobtanium. Maybe they are starting to stock stuff for them now? You might even try Weatherby as I think the same Turkish company makes both guns. Search my handle and SA-20 and it should bring up my gun if you wanted to see what the +3 mag extension looks like under a 22" barrel.

If you decide to mod your stock to shorten it, make sure you have enough meat in the butt screw hole boss to allow shortening. Shortening would require carefully marking 1" from the edge of the stock with a straight edge and cutting square with a bandsaw or similar. Then you would mark the shortened stock onto the old butt pad and grind down on a belt sander to fit.

BTW, Welcome Aboard! :)

Last edited:
Back