• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Facebook Bans Canada's National Firearms Association

cmcdonald

Boating Accident Victim
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Supporter
"Philanthropist"
Sorry my phone won't let me copy in the link. And I'm on the fly now. Maybe one of you kind fellers can post up the link for me...thanks.

Article is on the conservativeoutpost.com

All I can say...what a crock! And I knew there was a reason I don't use Facebook. Bunch a commies!

Bunch a commies!
Yes sir!

Ammoheads on FB is still there but they got enough censorship that they started a similar social media site called "Liberty Heads". I signed on but don't spend much time there...I'm on here to much! It's not bad though. https://libertyheads.com/

Edit: CMD, the new FB policy was to end gun sales on FB. Did they sell guns? The article doesn't mention that being one of their activities. They have been getting worse and worse in their liberalism from what I have been reading.

Yes sir!

Ammoheads on FB is still there but they got enough censorship that they started a similar social media site called "Liberty Heads". I signed on but don't spend much time there...I'm on here to much! It's not bad though. https://libertyheads.com/

Edit: CMD, the new FB policy was to end gun sales on FB. Did they sell guns? The article doesn't mention that being one of their activities. They have been getting worse and worse in their liberalism from what I have been reading.
Mike, to be honest...I'm not a Facebook guy so I can't say whether gun sales were happening. It is possible. It certainly wouldn't be the main focus as the NFA is an advocacy group. The main purpose would be to inform and get discussion going.

I learned about Facebook early on. I made an account there with a glaring error in the setup.

I asked them to delete the account so I could make a new one.

That's when I discovered that once you make a Facebook account it's there for good.

They claimed they would "deactivate" the account, but would keep the data "just in case I wanted it again."

They absolutely refused to remove any data once it was posted.

Unless, of course, they wanted it gone. Screw whatever you might want.

Mike, to be honest...I'm not a Facebook guy so I can't say whether gun sales were happening. It is possible. It certainly wouldn't be the main focus as the NFA is an advocacy group. The main purpose would be to inform and get discussion going.
I asked because it's probably only a matter of time until groups like the NRA, GOA, Tea Party etc. are removed due to counter opinions.

I noted earlier about the FB group Ammoheads having a non FB group called Liberty Heads. It looks like they have altered course a bit and have created a new https://ammoheads.com/ social network due to FB becoming so liberal. I'm old school so I'll get my daily fix on M.O.

There's a new site called "mewe". And there's a group on there called Mossberg Owners of America.
Of course I joined up....

Nobody is over 25 on their homepage.
Even the skate board forum has more geezers.

Per the article below, as soon as FB initiated the no selling guns rule, anti gunners started reporting any and all gun related FB site. It seems as though many were just removed without anyone looking to determine if they did indeed sell guns. Some that were removed are back up and running.

Facebook recently announced a ban of all pages that sold guns privately. Immediately after its decision, firearms-related Facebook pages that don’t enable private one-to-one sales went dark. This does not represent a widening of Facebook’s ban. My information: anti-gun Facebook users are reporting these pages. Facebook then pulled the plug without any further vetting. When we contacted Facebook directly, they verified the fact that the pages are not in violation of their policy and republish them. Here’s a report on the process from 1 Million Moms Against Gun Control . . .
Yesterday, we worked together with Facebook to restore a few pages that were removed for violations of the “Community Standards” update on the sale of firearms. The pages included Santa Cruz Armory and NorCal MedTac, among several others, including a private group of firearms instructors.
Facebook has stated that firearms retailers and ffl dealers would NOT be subject to removal, and based on Facebook’s quick action in restoring these pages, we believe this was a coordinated attack by people who have nothing better to do with their time, and not some Facebook retaliation on Gun and second amendment groups. Although we do feel that multiple false reports to Facebook should result in some action against that users account . . .
If you or someone you know has been affected by Facebook’s policy change, and feel you/they were removed in error, please contact us here and I will put you in touch with my contact at Facebook who has the ability to escalate the situation and restore your page. I will need the link to the page that was removed.
Please please share this status so it can reach others before they’re shut down.”
If you’re an instructor, legitimate FFL or Second Amendment page that needs help getting your Facebook page restored, please send me an email with your company name, website and Facebook URL. Put FB HELP in the subject bar and send it to Dsilver668@gmail.com.
We are working to get the issues resolved as quickly as possible. If you know someone who is having issues please email them the information above and we will address it as quickly as possible. Thank you.
Daniel Silverman
Board Member, Gun Rights Across America

Per the article below, as soon as FB initiated the no selling guns rule, anti gunners started reporting any and all gun related FB site. It seems as though many were just removed without anyone looking to determine if they did indeed sell guns. Some that were removed are back up and running.
Hard to believe something like that isn't a coordinated effort. But I guess a couple of "click happy" idiots with an agenda could wreak some havoc...dunno.

Supporting censorship of free speech and/or legal activity just baffles me. Why people beg to have their rights removed from them...I'll never understand.

It appears Canada's NFA has been re-instated to FB. I really hope they consider giving FB the boot.

It's sposta be facebooks rival. They say they allow your freedoms without tracking you. It's not bad....so far.

Back