• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Vehicular Assault by Cop

CaddmannQ

Will TIG for Food
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Maybe a good reason to avoid riding to Oregon:

After years in court an Oregon motorcyclist wins against deadly cop.

This cop should have been charged with vehicular assault, instead becomes captain.

The biker was a sleeze, but he was being chased 100 MPH+ by an unmarked Camaro, WITHOUT A SIREN.

Finally the guy realizes there's a cop behind him when he stops for a red light, and he pulls over and stops the bike.

The cop rams his bike, knocking him off and breaking his collarbone and ribs.

Then the guy picks himself up with his good arm, and the cop goes apes hit on him.

See the video at www.bikebandit.com/ blog

on todays front page.

I'm 60 years old and I don't ride like a bandit. You shouldn't either.

But this cop should have been charged in criminal court. He "didn't know" his dash cam was recording when he rams the guy with a car.

It's the same as ramming a pedestrian, except that after getting rammed a motorcycle falls on you!

I have a lot of respect for our Clovis cops, but Capt Edwards is another animal.

I'm a motorcyclist, and have been for many, many years. While I don't agree with all the cops actions, doing 100mph on public roads, then running from the law will almost never play out in your favor. I know in some states, hitting the bike would be justified, as he's disabling the vehicle in case the perp tries to run again, thus endangering others. Now the kick to the chest is a whole nother thing.

Thanks Water Monkey.

I posted that from my phone and I failed with the url.

Anyhow there it is or click the Blog page from Bikebandit's homepage.

I don't understand why he chases the guy for miles without the siren.
He's in an unmarked car.

My theory is that the guy had no idea a cop was behind him. If he was "running from a cop" why did he look behind him, make the "Oh shit I'm busted" headshake, and put his feet down?
He was not running. He was stopping.

Why did the cop chase him at high speed without a siren? Is that an accepted practice for chasing speeders?

I haven't driven in Oregon for over 10 years, but last time I got a rental car there, someone warned me that the cops use confiscated Corvettes etc as undercover highway patrol cars, and you could get a speeding ticket by a cop in a red Escalade or something equally silly.

Says in the limited research I've done he had lights and siren on the whole time. BUT, since it was an unmarked car the moto guy couldn't see the lights in his mirror since they're located in the grille and not on the roof or something like that. Either way, there's always two sides to every story, and I doubt we're getting the full side of either here.

I'm sorry but I might be in the minority. If that had been me and the jackoff had rammed me like that I would have come up with my firearm pointed at him and a gunfight would have started. We would both be dead. What that "officer" did was absolutely wrong...with no lights or siren how is anyone to know they are not being chased by someone like the a-hole who ran two people off the road last year for trying to pass him on a double yellow? There are seriously demented people out there driving 3000 lbs weapons. And this a-hole is a good example!!!

Says in the limited research I've done he had lights and siren on the whole time. BUT, since it was an unmarked car the moto guy couldn't see the lights in his mirror since they're located in the grille and not on the roof or something like that. Either way, there's always two sides to every story, and I doubt we're getting the full side of either here.

If you look at the guys helmet when he is getting to his feet...there is no flashing lights at all....

I see a lot more than vehicular assault here.

That was the first of several.

It's certainly the one I deal with and recognise first.

Having ridden since 1969 I've been the victim of one or two.

Or, the cop could use his radio to call for a road block up ahead. You can run, but you can't beat a radio.

I don't know the law in Oregon, but of they catch you going 15 MPH over the speed limit in California you can be arrested and jailed.

But that almost never happens. Arresting people costs money. Writing tickets make money.

Back