• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Photo Gallery

Now I have to take the damn dowel out of mag tube. I can only load 2 shells

That was the easiest thing to remove ;)

Last edited:
So I finished the build on my 500.
ATI T2 tactlite stock and forend. Got a heat shield from opticsplanet for Mossberg 500 but won't fit. The bracket on shield overlaps brace from barrel to mag tube. Also a really tight fit on the triton mount to receiver for the stock and pump action is really tight. Followed directions for furniture to the letter (removed necessary ribs on forend and used right spacers for tube.

image.jpg

ATI T2 tactlite stock and forend. Got a heat shield from opticsplanet for Mossberg 500 but won't fit. The bracket on shield overlaps brace from barrel to mag tube. Also a really tight fit on the triton mount to receiver for the stock and pump action is really tight. Followed directions for furniture to the letter (removed necessary ribs on forend and used right spacers for tube.
Nice looking setup, how do you like that butt stock, I was thinking about this but didn't want to have to remove my butt stock to clean the shotgun. So does the ATI stuff have a easy way to remove for cleaning since you have to remove the trigger group too clean and most of these pistol grip stock cover the trigger group and keep it from being removed.

Nice looking setup, how do you like that butt stock, I was thinking about this but didn't want to have to remove my butt stock to clean the shotgun. So does the ATI stuff have a easy way to remove for cleaning since you have to remove the trigger group too clean and most of these pistol grip stock cover the trigger group and keep it from being removed.
It's just a small screw that fastens stock to mounting adapter, pretty simple. Slides right off. Whole setup is very comfortable.

nice ! but someone will probably say that you are carrying an assault rifle !

Looks great! !

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Unfortunately, i have a problem with the foregrip. When i put it on, the pump action became really stiff and would sometimes stick. I thought it was from being a new gun and furniture. A friend and I looked at it, loosened the nut on action tube, and action was back to normal. Tried disassembling grip, putting back together, and over again. Can't find why it would stick when everything looks fine. I ended up putting the original grip back on, works fine. :mad:

View attachment 10789
I'm not a big fan of pistol grips on shotguns, replacing mine with Magpul SGA Stock and forend. But having said that, YOURS looks freaking awesome dude.
I really like the color contrast with the black gun. That stock actually looks way more comfortable than the standard ATI M4 style stock. Nice job.

Here is my M500A as it sits. The red-dot is a Primary Arms (Aimpoint Clone) and it rocks. After the Magpul furniture arrives, I will post updated photos.

View attachment 10902
It is a very comfortable stock. I'm waiting on a Magpul moe forend in FDE, as the ATI one was causing the pump action to stick. Thought I'd change this one up a bit as my 590 is all black

Reactions: dwb
It is a very comfortable stock. I'm waiting on a Magpul moe forend in FDE, as the ATI one was causing the pump action to stick. Thought I'd change this one up a bit as my 590 is all black
Yea buddy, Midway USA delivered my Magpul furniture today. The stock was a snap to install, and so was the forend. But my 500 has a heat shield that I wanted to keep, so I had to spend some time giving her some TLC. I actually crimped the heat shield down onto the barrel, so now the action is smooth as butter, with no binding at all. I really like the feel of my 500 now, much more than before. I will post pics this weekend. Turned out great.

So pleased with this purchase. The Magpul furniture is a bit over priced IMO, but I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Back