• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Question Of The Month...(April 2016)

carbinemike

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
Howdy,
This is a monthly series of questions topic for everyone to join in on the discussion. Some of the questions may have a poll, and some will not. Don't be shy now, go ahead and post an answer

What do you think about Hillary Clinton recanting her anti gun campaign promises of the last month while promising to go after criminals and work on suicide prevention to reduce deaths nationally? Will she have dinner with Wayne LaPierre as she promised? Ok...did we get you...April Fools! Please share some good practical jokes that you have done or had done to you.

http://guide.sportsmansguide.com/introducing-hq-issue-solar-powered-night-vision-goggles/
SolarPoweredNightVision_GO-1024x346.jpg

New! HQ ISSUE® Solar-powered Night Vision Goggles!

April 1, 2016
By James

The Sportsman’s Guide® Research and Development team is proud to unveil this technological breakthrough that will literally change the way you see hunting!

Experience the excitement and challenge of night vision hunting 24/7 with the SOLARZ® (Strategic Ocular Lunar Activated Recon Zystem) Solar-powered Night Vision Goggles!

Get easy-to-use, hands-free night vision even in the daytime!
In the daytime, the lightweight crystalline panels absorb the natural energy of the sun to fuel the Gen II Goggles…turning a colorful daytime hunt into a thrilling high-contrast adventure!

But even better, SOLARZ® also works in the dark! The panels soak in the sunlight reflected off the moon for lunar-powered night vision hunting. No extra batteries, no worrying about charging. Strap it on, adjust the Goggles, and you’re ready to take-on the night!

And for your convenience, this ergonomic, hands-free unit securely mounts to your head so you can use your hands on your bow or rifle!

It’s lights-out on wild game. Order these SOLARZ® Night Vision Goggles today!

April Fools! Did we get you? Share this article with a friend or family member by using the social sharing buttons below.

Lets not forget every mention of Mossberg being changed to Remington on mossbergowners. And the first time I experienced it I thought the forum had been hacked so I tried to edit every post and title back to Mossberg. There were fewer posts back then so it didn't take too terribly long.

One of my favorites was one my sister in law played on my grown nephew. For understanding I need to mention he is cheap and fairly lazy. She gave him a fake scratch off lottery ticket and he "won" $1000/week for life. For him that was retiring kind of money. She let him go about 5 minutes until she told him to read how to claim your prize on the back.

Moving from Texas to Tennessee was tough.

Being away from our families is hard, but for me adding to the burden of being homesick is that I'm several hundred miles away from the nearest Whataburger. To some this may not seem like a very big deal but for those that grew up in Texas, you know exactly what I'm talking about. Just the mere mention of Whataburger's spicy ketchup is enough to make a Texan salivate and their green chili double cheeseburger is as Texas as being legally allowed to open carry an AR-15 into the eatery to order one. All that said, here's where the prank comes into play:

So I call my Pop one day to check in and see how he's feeling after getting home from an extended stay in the hospital. Says he's feeling well and is out grabbing a bite to eat. I knew from the tone in his voice that there was more to the story and I willingly took the bait. "Where are you Pop?" "Oh, just at a burger joint", he says. "Which one?" Oh, I forget the name", he says. "Is it Whataburger?" "That sounds about right", he says. "And is that a green chili double you're eating?" "Yup", he says, followed by a sinister chuckle muffled by the sound that can only be my favorite burger in the world between his mouth and the phone.

Told him that it was so thoughtful of him to enjoy one for me. We laughed about the time a couple years back we had a similar conversation and that afterward he collected all the wrappers, empty ketchup packets, even his drink cup, then pressed them flat and sent them to me FedEx overnight delivery. When they arrived everything still smelled like the food. It was vicious, but really funny. After the trip down memory lane I explained to him in the most suggestive tone I could muster that it was well within his means and opportunity to pack a Whataburger green chili double in a small cooler, seal it up with an ice pack and overnight it to me instead of some trash. He says, "Yup, I could do that." I laughed it off and we finished our conversation.

Over a week later I get home and as I walk up to the front door I see a small package. When I saw that it came from my Pop I remembered our conversation and immediately got excited. That was until I opened the package and was immediately greeted with the smell of rotting food that had me wondering how the package had not been flagged by the NTSB as some sort of biological agent. I reach into the package to throw it away and the receipt inside was dated the day of our conversation, eight days earlier. He had bought the burger that day before he left and intentionally sent it UPS Ground in an unsealed box. It was the middle of summer and the burger had decomposed in the sweltering heat on the road between Texas and Tennessee. It doesn't take much imagination to think of the odor emanating from that box. Had to Febreze the entire house to get rid of the smell before my wife came home.

Called my Pop to let him know I got the package and was greeted with the bellowing sound of satisfied cackling I've come to know over the years. He was a proud man that day and the event stands as one of the best pranks we've exchanged between us over the years...

Friday...April 1st, 2016 was my 8th anniversary of being retired from the DoD...

Imagine me telling everyone I know at the bar ( Pool & Dart League ) and them saying "Yea...April Fools"

...and me saying " No...really !! "

( It just so happens that in 2008, April 1st was the end of the two week pay period...I had NO choice !! ) :cool:

We did two good ones to my first boss.

1) He had ordered his dream fishing boat and planned a vacation to the Florida Keys with 3 other couples based on the delivery date. 3 days before the date we had the receptionist put a note on his desk over lunch that read "Mr. Styer, we are sorry to inform you that you boat delivery will be delayed by two weeks. We hope this isn't an inconvenience." We even had the salesman's name which he had mentioned as the boat was all he talked about. After lunch he sat down, read the note and went into a tirade about manufacturing. He called the poor salesman who didn't have a clue why this guy was so mad. He was in the middle of telling him about the note when he saw us all howling and realized he'd been duped.

2) Alcohol was involved in this one.The group liked our beer and were out one Friday night. We were leaving a bar and three of us were waiting on the boss who was always dawdling. The senior guy just below the boss, a proud Irishman, felt the need to take a leak so he whizzed under the bumper of the bosses Suburban. When the boss finally came out, Pat told him "it looks like your truck is leaking something". He got down on all fours and was looking to see where it came from when he tapped his fingers in the liquid and smelled them. By then we all howled with laughter. He got up and said "if I had tasted that I'd fire ever one of you %$#@&%$'s.

Best group of guys I ever worked with.

Your dad is awesome.

If he sent you Mcdonalds, it wouldn't have rotted: not even bacteria will eat that s..t.

I got him back pretty good though.

He loves going to Bass Pro Shops and walk around, looking at all the gear. In his mind it's comparable to visiting the Sistine Chapel but sadly he's six hours away from their nearest location. Takes me ten minutes to get to the one down the road from my office and I used to head over there a lot during lunch. I'd call him and casually mention where I was or sometimes send him a photo of me wearing my new hat with the strategically placed Bass Pro sign in the background. Both usually ended up in a few four letter words or him hanging up on me. After the rotten burger incident I opened up a Bass Pro rewards membership account under his name and signed him up to receive email product and sale notifications for every single category in the store. There were probably thirty different departments he was signed up for. If a camo training bra went on sale he would get an email. The best part is that I control the account, so if he ever unsubscribes I can go into the profile and re-check the notification box. He also got a welcome packet in the mail with his Bass Pro Rewards card and $25 off gift certificate to be used at his nearest location. He noticed when the emails started coming, but it wasn't until he got his welcome packet in the mail that he realized what happened. The phone rang that day and all I heard was, "You little $#i+head", followed by the all to familiar belly laugh. It was awesome...

I wrote a small program and put it on a floppy disk, & inserted into my boss's computer when he wasn't looking.

Anyhow when he started it up, it told him he had the Mad Cow virus, and he was going to have to send $666 to the Mad Cowboys of Jackass Flats Wyoming immediately, or his hard drive would be destroyed by the virus.

There was a phone number to call at the end, then ten pages of computer gibberish.

...And by God he started to call that number before I stopped him.

It wasn't easy either. He really believed that he had a virus and it took me several minutes to convince him that I had pranked him.

Last edited:
Back