• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Climate Change And Wealth Redistribution

carbinemike

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
If anyone still doesn't believe that climate change is just a plan to sell the world on wealth redistribution, check this one out. The upcoming UN climate meeting will try and set up an international court where 3rd world countries can haul countries like the US in and claim monetary damages. It says they will try and bypass Congress but not how.

At the upcoming United Nations Climate Summit in Paris, participating nations have prepared a treaty that would create an “International Tribunal of Climate Justice” giving Third World countries the power to haul the U.S. into a global court with enforcement powers.
Congress would be bypassed – left out in the cold – by this climate deal, critics say.
Policies once left to sovereign nations could be turned over to a U.N. body if the U.S. and its allies approve the proposed deal in Paris during the summit scheduled for Nov. 30-Dec. 11.
According to the proposed draft text of the climate treaty, the tribunal would take up issues such as “climate justice,” “climate finance,” “technology transfers,” and “climate debt.”
Buried on page 19 of the 34-page document is the critical text – still heavily bracketed with text that hasn’t been completely resolved and agreed upon – reads:
[An International Tribunal of Climate Justice as][A] [compliance mechanism] is hereby established to address cases of non-compliance of the commitments of developed country Parties on mitigation, adaptation, [provision of] finance, technology development and transfer [and][,] capacity-building[,] and transparency of action and support, including through the development of an indicative list of consequences, taking into account the cause, type, degree and frequency of non-compliance.
The U.N. held a preparatory conference in September in Bonn, Germany, that drafted language to be approved at the upcoming Paris climate summit. At the Bonn meeting the U.N. brought together more than 2,000 participants from governments, observer organizations and the media.
But none of those media chose to report on the proposed new global tribunal.
The Paris Conference is mandated to adopt “a protocol, another legal instrument or an agreed outcome with legal force under the Convention applicable to all parties,” which is to come into force in 2020, according to IISD Reporting Services, which tracks the global sustainable development movement.
Like many initiatives that come out of the U.N., there has been a media blackout on coverage of the potential for a new world tribunal that would make binding decisions on a host of issues critical to the U.S. economy. The draft text has been available on the Internet since Oct. 20 for all to see.
“The only mentions one is likely to find with search engines are alarms being sounded by critics, the climate realists who reject the apocalyptic predictions (and discredited pseudo-science – see: here, here, and here) of the multi-billion dollar global warming lobby,” writes William F. Jasper for the New American magazine.
China, India behind the move
One such critic is the Craig Rucker, executive director and co-founder of CFACT.
Rucker points out that more than 130 developing nations – “led by South Africa and instigated by China and India” – are insisting they will not sign a climate deal in Paris unless it contains massive redistribution of wealth from developed to poor nations.
“Now they want the power to haul the U.S. and its allies before a U.N. Star Chamber to enforce compliance,” Rucker writes.
He also notes that this is not the first time the U.N. has tried to insert language creating a global climate court into a U.N. climate document. It happened in 2011 at a summit in Durban but was stripped at the last minute when CFACT blew the whistle and some media outlets picked up the story.
But this time around, the globalists writing the text have substituted the world “tribunal” for “court” and insist the body will be “non-judicial.”
“The slight edit to the terminology offers little comfort,” Rucker said, cautioning that the word “tribunal” could get watered down further if it attracts too much attention.
“If the climate tribunal becomes the focus of public scrutiny, watch for the negotiators to pull a switch behind closed doors and try and accomplish the same thing by re-branding it an enforcement ‘mechanism,’” he said.
Ceding sovereignty to U.N. bureaucracy
“Whatever they call it, countries who sign onto this agreement will be voting to expand the reach of the U.N. climate bureaucracy, cede national sovereignty, and create a one-way street along which billions will be redistributed from developed to poor nations,” Rucker says. “Developed nations would be expected to slash their emissions while the ‘poor’ countries expand theirs. China, which holds a trillion dollars in U.S. debt, would be counted among the poor.”
He said China and India are “delighted,” with the prospect.
“They would like nothing better than a world where the West cedes the competitive advantages their free market economies created,” Rucker writes. “They hope for a future where Asia does the manufacturing and the U.S. and Europe do the importing – until their wealth runs out, anyway.”
Obama, Kerry ‘desperate’ to claim treaty as success
Rucker said President Obama and John Kerry are desperate to claim the climate treaty as a foreign policy “success.”
“President Obama and Secretary of State Kerry are mired in foreign policy failures,” Rucker notes. “They desperately want to get this agreement signed so they can claim a victory for their legacies.
“How far are they willing to sell out American interests to get this ill-begotten agreement signed?”

Last edited by a moderator:
Moving them won't stop the BS flowing from the UN like the oil from the Deep Horizon well. The UN is a parasite that needs to be completely dismantled but the powers that be (i.e. world's billionaires who will keep getting richer) will not allow that to happen. Remember that the UN has Agenda 21 that establishes a new world order and they are the ones who funded the WHO (another BS organization) which just announced that sausage, bacon and red meat all cause cancer equivalent to smoking cigarettes. This is not a conspiracy theory...it is laid out in their own writings and they are hell bent on making it materialize.

The US needs to cut off all funding, support and communication with the UN.

The sad thing is that anyone is actually taking it seriously.

I am stuck in a freaking nightmare where everything is falling down around me but i am powerless to stop it..Oh wait that's reality. My reps are Debbie Stabenow (D), Garry Peters (D) and Dan Kildee (D). No matter what I send to them I get the same canned resp back, they don't want to hear what the people think unless the people support them.

Our only hope is blocking this at the state level but Obummer seems to have some type of hold on them as well. They don't want to risk losing their precious federal grants.

Good Lord, let's just give away the farm!

We need an international court on overpopulation.

Countries who have too many babies every year would have to pay a fine to the rest of us for irresponsible over-breeding.

I would say that I'm shocked and/or appalled, but I'm not. This president has done nothing but try to tear this country down from the inside out and to sell us out to anyone he can.

The libs have convinced half the population of this country that wealth redistribution is not only necessary, but the right thing to do. So many of our young think they are entitled to anything and everything they want. They believe all that bs about free everything.

The US needs to cut off all funding, support and communication with the UN.
My suggestion from early 2010 [right after the Haiti earthquake disaster] was that the US should pay for a new UN Headquarters building in Port-au-Prince and kick out the whole UN crew from US land. They could go there and fix that half-island slum first. That would be a test.

If they can't do something that simple there is no way they can stabilize the rest of the world.

@meansteak like the members here, I have worked my ass off for what little I have. The kids of today are no more special than we were, and it's not going to hurt them to work for what they want.

Maybe I'm just getting too old and ornery, but that's how I feel.

I worked a full time job while paying my way through college and vocational school. When I graduated, I owed a whopping $23 I think for a book they said I checked out of the library and never returned, to which I think is BS because I don't ever recall going to their library, but nonetheless, I had to pay it before I got my certifications and diploma anyway.

A good day of honest work ain't gonna kill them.

I hope. And if it does, well, I hate that for 'em.

My suggestion from early 2010 [right after the Haiti earthquake disaster] was that the US should pay for a new UN Headquarters building in Port-au-Prince and kick out the whole UN crew from US land. They could go there and fix that half-island slum first . . .

The part you're missing is that the UN doesn't want to fix anything. They want us to fix the world, while they take the credit for convincing us to do it.

That is exactly why I want the US to get out of the UN and the UN to get out of the US.

I am in the get the UN out of the US corner. I have felt that way pretty much my whole adult life. I have yet to see any good come from them that benefits us.

Back