• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Got to Brag on Mossberg Customer Service

#1Buck4me

Supporter
Took possession of my new 590A1 yesterday at my favorite pawn shop from GrabAGun. Everything looked good externally, action was good but I failed to take a look at the inside of the barrel. Got the gun home and started cleaning and found rust inside of the barrel along with machine marks that made me think the barrel was unfinished.

Here is a picture that I found, not my barrel, but looks just like my barrel, this picture is from the AR15 forum in 2011. Had to borrow a picture as my photo skills are not this good.
2ep3gr9.jpg

Just called CS and the young lady said "Is this a new gun?" and "Let me have the serial number".
She was gone less than a minute and then told me she had ordered me a new barrel and it would be shipped to me with a shipping label inside to return the defective barrel. I promised her that I would post this here.

No muss, no fuss, I was blown away. Another happy Mossberg owner!

Some observations about the new 590A1:
  • No lube inside the barrel
  • Trigger group and receiver internals looked like a normal lube
  • Magazine follower covered in a heavy sticky grease
  • Inside of the magazine was filthy and gritty
  • Nicked my magazine tube removing the keeper with a screwdriver ( was trying to be so careful)
  • There is a hooked tool with a screwdriver type handle in my toolbox that I plan to use next time
  • Very pleased with the Parkerized finish

Nice. We will be looking forward to a follow up when you get the new barrel.

Wow, I'm impressed! Thanks for posting, we often hear only the bad.

^That's a fact.

I guess they have heard about even the moderators here complaining at how the CS reps are doing sometimes and maybe they're paying attention.

I give credit where it is due especially when someone performs their job appropriately and this is one of those times. This is a marked improvement over what we hear about most of the time.

This is to whichever CSR you spoke to:

Good job !!

Outstanding! I have had a very good experience with Mossberg customer service, also. Take care. Tom Worthington

Oops, that was supposed to be a picture of an almost identical barrel.
Hey that's okay. Just keep trying, I am still struggling with posting images myself.

First chance you get, please stop by the Welcome New Member Area and introduce yourself. This has got to be the best forum on the net.

Received the warranty replacement barrel on Friday, April 29. I called to check on the delivery April 26, and they gave me a tracking number to follow the delivery. Not bad for Fedex Ground that shipped from Texas on Monday and was delivered to me early on Friday. Placed the original barrel back in their box, attached their shipping label and dropped it off for the trip back to Mossberg.

The new barrel was as I had hoped, the parkerized finish was flawless and the barrel had none of the scratches or machine marks inside like the original barrel. The new barrel had some circular marks through out and some of the same rust stain that I had seen before but I am very pleased with the replacement barrel. Decided to go ahead and polish it up a bit with some 0000 steel wool and then a little Mothers Mag and Aluminum polish. Wow the led flashlight almost blinded me when I checked it out. Didn't really need the polish step, but am hoping that it will help with cleaning later.

From start to finish, I am extremely pleased with the customer service that Ihave received from Mossberg.

That's what I like about American firearm companies for the most part no hassle warranty service. Good for them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back