• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Aero Precision Ultralight 30mm Extended scope mount

Oli, that is some amazing camo. Did you paint that from scratch?

I'm ready to do mine. The black oxide finish is too distinctive.

I have a similar quick release scope mount on my AR but it's a lot thicker than the one you bought, and is machined billet.

My buddy gave it to me when he bought a 30 millimeter Viper and it has no makers marks on it, so maybe a foreign job. He got at the gun show for 80 bucks, and he's been using it for 5 years already. He is an avid Hunter and does my reloads.

The amazing thing is that I took the mount off just like you did and put it back on, and the gun was still within 1/4" of where it was, at a hundred yards!

I was totally amazed. Of course the Leupold scope was expected to be perfect and the AR is expected to be pretty damn perfect. But the quality of the total assembly was beyond belief.

The truth is I'm not at all a black gun kind of guy. I'm a walnut checkered, nickel plated & blue steel kinda guy.

I am much more comfortable shooting my Mossberg lever gun or the old .22 semi-auto plinker.

But the sheer technical superiority of the whole AR set-up gave me a whole new level of admiration for the Black Gun phenomenon.

Good now that I really liked it I don't want it to be black. Living around here it looks like it should be rocky scrub oak camo.

The chunky no-name scope mount:

20160306_085042.jpg
It's black anodized aluminum but you can see the wingnuts are painted steel and the paint has all worn off.

Oli, that is some amazing camo. Did you paint that from scratch?

I'm ready to do mine. The black oxide finish is too distinctive.

my boy did that with water transfer, he has a start up business a couple towns from here . He has refined the process since he did my rifle
I should have waited. The matte finish clear coat he used took a lot of detail from the camo.....took some depth.
Now he is using a clear coat that has good durability and doesn't lighten the pattern, affecting depth

Back