• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

MOSSBERG 500 with Ghost rings

Shaun Spencer

Copper BB
I just purchased the MOSSBERG 500 Tactical 12 Gauge 20in barrel and apparently it came with Ghost rings. Not that it is a bad thing but looking at it, it looks exactly like the 590 with a heat shield. I am new so i am still learning.

Is the a mistake by the local business in how they advertised it or is this correct? I originally went in to the the 500 persuader but ended up going with this. It looks very tough and robust, so I would like your opinions.

I appreciate all the help I can get. Thank you.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-05-31 at 6.11.04 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-05-31 at 6.11.04 PM.png
    46.7 KB · Views: 41
Ahhhhhhh OK Ok.. Thats why I couldnt find any videos or a lot of info. The gun is new to the market for 2016. LOL thats twice I have went and bought a new rifle/shotgun that is bring new for Mossberg.

Thanks alot. I wasnt sure but I have seen the 590 and it looks the same, minus the heat shield.

Shaun's gun pic full size.
index.php

What platform are you using? Sometimes my Android tablet won't display pix sent from my laptop. Tho' in this case I can see the picture on the tablet.

Hmmm... I'm stumped. Maybe another reader will let us know if it appears OK.

I'm using Chrome. When I tried to open it in a new tab, it told me I had to be logged in to see it (I was logged in). It presented a second login window with my username & password already filled in. I clicked the login button and now I can see it. I had to refresh the page to see it in your post.

I'm using Chrome. When I tried to open it in a new tab, it told me I had to be logged in to see it (I was logged in). It presented a second login window with my username & password already filled in. I clicked the login button and now I can see it. I had to refresh the page to see it in your post.

Strangely enough.. that worked!!! I can see it now.

Hallelujah ! Pawpaw, explorer of the internet's dark corners, comes to the rescue. Thanx.
amXA0bV_700b.jpg

I like it! I am personally very much a fan of 20" guns. I current have two 20" shotguns (one is a Persuader and the other an 835) and a 20" rifle, but I also had a 20" 590A1 at one time too.

Shaun, your 500 Tactical 20" looks very similar to my 20" 590. Mine isn't an A1. And I have no heat shield.

I think yours will be a great gun.

This has to be a website glitch. It happened again this morning.

The pic in the post shows a broken link. I try to open it in a new tab and get a message, "You must be logged-in to do that." Of course, I was already logged in.

I clicked to login again, and now the pic works.

Edit: It's doing the same thing with Chrome on my iPad. I can't see the pic in Safari either. Since Safari doesn't give me the option to open in a new tab, there isn't a workaround.

Last edited:
Back