• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Airgun ( Pellet ) Hunting

DHonovich

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Sponsor
"Philanthropist"
This is a thread to post up for anyone who does hunting with their airguns.

0f104b893a9ebdf5bd7a699674659fcc.jpg

Took this coyote at 54 yards with my .25 caliber Benjamin Marauder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice 'yote Doc...!!

Above is my GAMO Whisper chambered for the .177 ( 4.5mm ) pellet, which comes in multiple configurations...( see below ). The suppressor on the end of the barrel insures stealth when shooting at skiddish game. The scope was supplied and is a 3-9x40mm variable.

I keep my pest problem in check and my neighbors and I get meat for the stew pot with this versatile tool...plus I get plenty of trigger time to hone my shooting skills.

MECHANISM
-Velocity: 1200 feet per second (fps) with PBA, 1000 fps with Lead
-Single Shot
-Break Barrel: Single Cocking System, Spring piston
-Automatic Cocking Safety system
-Manual Trigger safety
-Barrel: Fluted, Polymer Jacketed Rifled Steel
-Non-removable noise dampener (with up to 52% reduction)
-Cocking Effort: 30 lbs
-Trigger: Two Stage adjustable
-Manual Safety

STOCK
-Stock: Tough All Weather molded Synthetic
-Butt Plate: Ventilated rubber pad for recoil absorption
-Cheekpiece: Thin cheekpad molded on each side for both Right hand and Left hand shooters
-Checkering: Non-Slip texture design on grip and forearm

SIGHTS
-Fiber optic front sight with sight guard
-Fiber optic adjustable rear sight.

OPTICS
-Scope Ramp: Raised Rail
-Scope: 39x40 standard reticle air rifle scope with one piece solid mount

SPECIFICATIONS
-Weight: 5.28 lbs
-Length: 46.0’’
-Ammunition: Any .177 Pellet
-Caliber: .177
-Trigger Pull: 3.74 lbs
-Cocking effort:30 lbs
-Barrel Length: 18 inches

Ammunition
-Hunter ( Greater Impact ) Dome Nose Nose ( 7.6 grain ) ( 940 fps @ Muzzle )
-Master Point ( Greater Expansion ) Slim Pointed Nose ( 7.9 grain ) ( 905 fps @ Muzzle )
-Magnum ( Maximum Power & Expansion ) Wide Pointed Nose ( 7.9 grain ) ( 960 fps @ Muzzle )
-Match ( Extreme Accuracy ) Flat Wadcutter Nose ( 7.7 grain ) ( 1006 fps @ Muzzle )

"One Shot...One Kill"

Awsome shooting guys. That .25 is a beast, nice yote.

I would like to get something new my Crossman 2200 and Daisy 880 are getting old and need new seals, etc.

Really look into the Benjamin Marauder...for the money its hard to beat. There are definitely more powerful but its so darn accurate and consistent.

Nice shooting!!

@DHonovich How many shoots do you get per charge before you have to pump it up again?

I definitely want one of those, I'm going to look up your other thread where you posted about the gun.

You can do about 32 shots but the first 8 are at high power and super accurate. You can get a different valve to make even more power and get about 16 shots at high power.

Here's just 2 of mine. Yeah, I'm a Hatsan nut. The one with the treerat is a break barrel .22 and the PCP is an AT44 repeater in .22

Both are Treerat killing machines.

Attachments

• Hatsan.jpg
    Hatsan.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 12
  • Hatsan AT44.jpg
    Hatsan AT44.jpg
    222 KB · Views: 11
Here's just 2 of mine. Yeah, I'm a Hatsan nut. The one with the treerat is a break barrel .22 and the PCP is an AT44 repeater in .22

Both are Treerat killing machines.
I used to have a Striker 1000 .25 and could not figure out how to get it dialed in for the life of me.
Admitted defeat and sold it off.

l used to hunt with a pellet gun all the time when I was a kid. I think I sold my Blue Streak pellet rifle in 1980.

Now I don't shoot anything except Targets at the range, and the occasional stray possum.

But we've been seeing more and more feral Critters around and since you can't fire a real gun in town I bought myself a new pellet gun.

This is a Benjamin Regal Nitro piston in .177 cal. It's brand new but it's shop-worn with some minor scratches Nicks and rust, so I actually got it for about half retail list price.

It works great but I haven't tested it with the scope on yet. There's a brace of fat pigeons out at my place whose days are numbered. :sniper:

It's just a stock photo of the gun I'll take some nice close-up shots later.
VZM.IMG_20160928_155000.jpg

0f104b893a9ebdf5bd7a699674659fcc.jpg

Took this coyote at 54 yards with my .25 caliber Benjamin Marauder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a Sam Yang 45 cal. I used it for a few months and sold it. I wore my arms out pumpin the pressure up to 3000 psi. But it killed squirrels and coons.

Back