• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

First line of defense, Tactical Dog Thread!

Good natured if he knows you. I don't know how he would react to someone breaking into the house in the middle of the night. He would most definitely chase him down the street.
I would be more concerned about him getting shot, he's a big part of the family (no pun intended).

No one get's near my house I don't hear about it from my boy's. Squirt will bark a lot, Stormy just wants to be friends and not sure what Missy would do; she's really laid back!

20171003_191009.jpg You might make it back over the fence before Kaiser my pure german weim eats your face, maybe. His job is versatile gun dog but he does take home defense pretty seriously.
kaiser.jpg 20161120_130037.jpg
There is also Buddy the Lab hes pretty much retired at 12 yrs old if ducks invade he will be invaluable anything else will get licked to death by him if he wakes and actually hears anything.

Last edited:
Our Jackson turned 5 yesterday.....

DXh8vqh.jpg

His brother Jake doesn't like the candle smoke. He turns 6 next month.....

JHBVWbE.jpg

I wouldn’t dream of going to sleep without a couple dogs in the house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I hear ya. I grew up with dogs and I've been married seven years now and it's taken me that long to talk my wife into getting one. She isn't so much of a dog person, but she loves little man now.

My wife found an app today where you can take a picture of your dog and it compares how they look with other dogs to tell you what kind of breeds your dog has.

While I had thought that mine had a lot of malamute in him, after looking at this app and the results it spit out, I learned some things today.

Here's the app if anyone else would like to try it: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.siwalusoftware.dogscanner&hl=en_US

Turns out that my dog is 58% Lapponian herder (reindeer herder), 24% Saarloos wolfhound which is a mix between a german shepherd and European wolf and 18% Husky. While I'm not surprised about the Husky part, I had never heard of a reindeer herder dog until I looked it up. After reading a couple of pages about them, I would tend to think the app was correct.

I must say that he's the best dog that I ever had, and that's saying a lot.

maxxy.JPG

Back