• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Did Spartan 00 Buck change their hull color?

I just received 250 rounds of Spartan 00 buck. I was thinking the hull color was red, but I got gray. Did they change their color or did I order the wrong ammo?

All I got is RED in Spartan 12 gauge 00 Buck...seen Yellow in different gauge....so check gauge on box and shell

All I got is RED in Spartan 12 gauge 00 Buck...seen Yellow in different gauge....so check gauge on box and shell

Same here. I did an image search to see if I could find grey and only came up with red. Was gonna suggest the same thing, to check and see what labeling is on the box and brass.

Is it possible the grey is a low recoil load? What is the exact part number on the box? I can do some more digging yet.

Same here. I did an image search to see if I could find grey and only came up with red. Was gonna suggest the same thing, to check and see what labeling is on the box and brass.

Is it possible the grey is a low recoil load? What is the exact part number on the box? I can do some more digging yet.

All I could find on the box is Spartan 12 guage 00 buck, 9 pellets, 16E10. It is low brass but it doesn’t say reduced recoil anywhere.

It is still showing red shells on the outside of the box, but gray inside. I bought these this week from Bulkammo.com.

Does Spartan have a 1-800 #...?!

On the box or an online search of the website...

You could call them...

I sent an email to bulkammo.com and they said that Spartan does change the color periodically. They said the 00 12 gauge is usually red but could also be yellow or gray, which I got.
I took it out to the range today and shot 50 rounds of it, it is most definitely 00 buck, recoil was stout but manageable. The groups at 10 yards were about fist size. Nothing to complain about.

Back