• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Maverick 88 Pump Action Reviews...

That's an excellent price! I wouldn't hesitate to buy 2 of them at that price. One in 12 gauge, and the other in 20.

Thanks. I chose the 20 ga vs the 12 ga in hopes my girlfriend can handle it. If it proves too much I will be on the lookout for a .410. If she can't handle that I will have two shotguns for myself. How can I lose in this situation ?;)

Thanks. I chose the 20 ga vs the 12 ga in hopes my girlfriend can handle it. If it proves too much I will be on the lookout for a .410. If she can't handle that I will have two shotguns for myself. How can I lose in this situation ?;)

Just bought a Maverick 88 youth model in 20ga for my wife and daughter to share. The 500 12ga was too big for them. The 20 is great. My daughter hit 18 of 25 clays right out of the box.

I got to shoot the 88 today. Loved it. The last time I fired a shotgun I was 13 years old. I am 68 now. I think is going to be a really nice gun for me and the girlfriend.

Yesterday I put the extension on the stock that came with the shotgun. It adds about an inch in length. I guess now is it a grown up model, LOL.

Well I had to sell my Mossberg 500 about 5 months back cause was having some health issues & needed the money, well I have been getting back on my feet & want another shotty, I would love to have a Mossberg 591A1 Talo GI version but my budget cannot handle the 500+ dollar price tag on that shotty. So I have been think about pulling the trigger on a Maverick 88, I can get the High capacity version at my local shop for about 260.00+ out the door. So I guess my ? is, are they good buy, I miss my 500 but it only held 5+1, I do like the top safety on the 500/590 but the trigger safety doesn't bother me since most of the shotguns I have owned in the past where Remington 870. If I got one of the 88 I was think about the adjustable butt stock pistol grip option since it has the trigger safety. So let me know how you all feel about your 88, I have read some of the comments above but like fresh feedback. Thanks, I might be picking this up in less than 2 wks.

Just ordered my first Maverick 88. I have a Shockwave which I really enjoy but wanted a larger, higher-capacity shotgun with a stock so I went for the Security with 7+1 capacity. Really looking forward to getting acquainted with it.

I had an 88, 20 guage. I gave it to my son about a year ago. It wasn't fancy, but it was a solid, reliable gun. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I did mine.

Back