• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New member from Cali

That light setup looks really solid @95jza80tt

(Can we call you 95 for short?)

BTW I don't think I said, "Welcome from Clovis."

So welcome to the MO.

Thanks for the welcome. 95 is fine. I never really explained my SN, but it has to do with my car. Yes, in my youth I was one of those pesky Asian kids in a hot rodded import car(rice rocket). 95 is the year of my car, jza80 is the chassis designation, and tt is for twin turbo. This car is one of my original passions.

Last edited:
Welcome to the Mossberg Owners Forum...!!

Enjoy our community...

Liking the feel/ergonomics and the look of all the new changes I made but not liking the weight. I'm sure it'll help with recoil/muzzle rise and all and I'm not lugging this thing around so it's not a huge issue heavy, but it feels a significantly heavier then when I first started out LOL.

Photo from the other side.. I'm kicking around the idea of trying to buy a set of wood furniture, but that would be just for the aesthetic and feel in hand for me. Might be a step back in regards to functionality due to weight etc..

Very nice looking boomstick. I'm meeting a guy to buy his used 590A1 USSM in a few. Can't wait. Thanks for sharing your pics. May end up doing something similar down the line. In the meantime I've been buying up all kinds of slugs, 00 buck, bird shot etc to put through it and have some fun figuring it out.

Mail call...
Just need to refinish them. The bantam youth stock has a couple of deep scratches on the other side though.. not sure if I should exchange it for another or just keep it and work with it. Perhaps it just gives it more "character".

I've taken off the Mesa Tactical side saddle and the Magpul AFG. Went to using some AAT 6rnd shot cards and just put grip tape sections on my forend. I thought it might help with some weight savings and just a more simple setup over all.

95jza80tt, I am thinking of purchasing the Mesa polymer Sureshell side saddle that I believe you have. Did it add significant weight?

To reduce weight you could use the Magpul cantilever rail to mount a Streamlight TLR-1 to your MOE forend. This moves the weight back towards you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

95jza80tt, I am thinking of purchasing the Mesa polymer Sureshell side saddle that I believe you have. Did it add significant weight?

To reduce weight you could use the Magpul cantilever rail to mount a Streamlight TLR-1 to your MOE forend. This moves the weight back towards you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I liked the side saddle but was conflicted about it. It was sturdy, well built, it did well, wasn't super heavy, but in the end I took it off due to shot cards being so convenient. Being able to just slap on a pre-loaded card and when empty replace with a loaded so quickly made me go that route. Plus when slinging the shotgun I could just take the card off and go without a side saddle poking my sides or back or stomach if the gun had to hang. The main reason I have the flashlight the way it is, I wasn't sure I wanted the lights position to change every time I cycled the forend. Keeping things consistent and simple I thought was the best choice. Removing the moe rail attachment and AFG took a good amount of weight off the front TBH. For sh!ts and giggles I removed the mag extension, the light, the mag/barrel clamp and put a standard mag cap on and had it in a close to factory configuration. I was so amazed at how much lighter it was compared to having all the parts on. Big mistake, I should have stayed blissfully ignorant to the weight hahah.

In an HD situation you do not want to leave the light on, but instead you want to momentarily light up an area that way you can confirm what you are shooting at without giving up your position. So having the light on the forend may be better for control of the light. Either way an HD shotgun should have a light for the sake of target ID.

In an HD situation you do not want to leave the light on, but instead you want to momentarily light up an area that way you can confirm what you are shooting at without giving up your position. So having the light on the forend may be better for control of the light. Either way an HD shotgun should have a light for the sake of target ID.

Agreed 110%. When the action is closed and ready to fire my hand is in the perfect position to just lightly tap the switch for momentary flashes when needed.

Back