• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

M590A1 question

Slater

.22LR
Many years ago I had a 590, but later sold it. Decided to take the Mossberg plunge again and put a 590A1 on layaway with Bud's. This is the "US Service Model".

Reading about the recurring issues with out-of-spec parts (feeding problems?) does cause me a bit of concern,although I'm sure that Mossberg would make right any defects. Is there any reason to be concerned about new 590A1's?

Keep an eye on the cartridge stop being out of spec. Fix is to straighten it out a little bit.

Quality Control with this still, in my opinion, hasn't addressed the issue and it keeps coming up from time to time.

Still breaking in my new 590A1 without issues, awesome gun. I've ran several hundred shells of mixed loads and brands. Running smooth with no feed problems, but will keep a watch. I have the 8+1, 20" although the 18" probably uses the same parts.

It's hit and miss. I wouldn't spend anytime worrying about it. Get the gun and shoot it and see what happens. If it's jacked up, we'll be here to help.

Just something to consider.

New from a big gun store does not always mean it was manufactured the same year you are buying it. A place like Buds may buy 100 of the same model at a time. May take a few years to move all that stock.

Yes........

The factory 590A1 Heat Shield from Mossberg (part # 16335P) is available...call customer service to order.

When you CALL Customer Service, specifically ask for the 590A1 Heat Shield...

as it differs from the stock 500/590 heat shields shown on the website...as the 590A1 has a thicker walled barrel.

** Ordered mine today...$38 plus $6.95 s/h to PA = $44.95 **

U.S. Customer Service (within all 50 states)

service@mossberg.com

(800) 363-3555

Not that I'm aware of...I put a heat shield on a Mossberg 500 probably a decade or so ago...don't remember any measuring.

Haven't had time to install the new one on the 590a1 yet...probably this week.

If you want...YouTube has heat shield installation videos online.

Not that I'm aware of...I put a heat shield on a Mossberg 500 probably a decade or so ago...don't remember any measuring.

Haven't had time to install the new one on the 590a1 yet...probably this week.

If you want...YouTube has heat shield installation videos online.

Did you mount your heatshield yet? Did it come with what you needed to mount it? I read the two reviews on the Brownells website, and both said it didn't come with anything to mount it with.

Yes to both questions...

Did not get the heatshield from Brownells...but did ordered it though Mossberg...and it was shipped from :

Maverick Arms, Inc
Product Service Center
1001 Industrial Blvd
Eagle Pass, TX 78853

1-800-363-3555

Yes to both questions...

Did not get the heat shield from Brownells...but did ordered it though Mossberg...and it was shipped from :

Maverick Arms, Inc
Product Service Center
1001 Industrial Blvd
Eagle Pass, TX 78853

1-800-363-3555

Thank you. I'm curious, does the finish on the heat shield match the barrel or receiver? It doesn't really matter too much, but I was thinking about getting a Magpul SGA stock in stealth grey; however, I have fallen in love with the stock cob forend which is black, so I was wondering if it was a lighter color as it seems to look in some pics. In others, it just looks like the same color as the barrel/receiver. I'll probably get a black stock, but it would look pretty cool if the stock and heat shield were stealth grey while the forend remained black. I could put a black cheek riser/insert into a stealth gray stock and sort of break it up while keeping the shotgun subdued. I'll probably just keep it black since I don't want to spend the money to Cerakote the heat shield.

Thank you. I'm curious, does the finish on the heat shield match the barrel or receiver? It doesn't really matter too much, but I was thinking about getting a Magpul SGA stock in stealth grey; however, I have fallen in love with the stock cob forend which is black, so I was wondering if it was a lighter color as it seems to look in some pics. In others, it just looks like the same color as the barrel/receiver.

It pretty much matches the color of the barrel...

Back