• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Roofing Nailer??

MikeD

I'm Your Huckleberry
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
Kind of a random question but can anyone offer me any advice on a good roofing nailer?

I am looking to replace the roof on two cabins and 2 outbuildings and most likely a few deer blinds in the next year and thought this might be a wise time saving investment. I already have a compressor, hoses and all ancillary equipment.

So far it looks like the most reliable are Hitachi and Bostich. Anyone have any specific model or brand they prefer based on their experiences? I do not do this for a living but I will be working in remote locations were reliability is of high importance.

I have a Bostich finish nailer that I have had for years and it has worked flawlessly bit it does not get anywhere the use a roofing nailer will get.

Thanks

Both of them are good. So is senco...id have to look to be sure of what model is more reliable.
Gimme a few days, if i don't reply/forget....tag me.

Then the bostich.....

Consensus was taken with my 2 roofing buddies and their companies repair costs for em...
The hitachi is a tank. It can fall off a roof and still do it's job.....

I just posted the ones they had, not the cheapest price though. See if you can find a good price. I'm going to play leggos with my grandkid....
Cheers.

Look for a deal on craigslist? But then there is that reliability issue. I fixed a small Ridgid nailer/stapler for $15 in parts (trigger o-ring and valve)--was a freebie pulled from a dumpster... :)

I worked at a rental yard in the 70's and we only carried Senco. I don't recall them ever coming back broken & they were easily re-sealed if they leaked.
I never used one myself.

Me nailing the roof, by hand, after part of it blew off in a storm.

roof5.jpg

6:12 pitch without a safety net. LOL

I guess a now have to add a tactical molle nailer vest to my budget to carry all those mags I will need to carry.

Maybe it would just be cheaper to hire a roofer....but not nearly as fun LOL

Back