• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

What camo do you wear?

Lots of people here shoot doves, but my wife feeds the things and she would have a fit if she knew I was out shooting doves.

Personally, I'd have to get pretty desperate before I wasted gunpowder on a piece of meat that small.

Now I'd say a goose is about the right size to justify the cost of modern ammo.

Birdshot is a little cheaper but in California we pay over a buck a shot for 12ga double-ought lead. Non-lead bird shot is even more.

Lots of people here shoot doves, but my wife feeds the things and she would have a fit if she knew I was out shooting doves.

Personally, I'd have to get pretty desperate before I wasted gunpowder on a piece of meat that small.

Now I'd say a goose is about the right size to justify the cost of modern ammo.

Birdshot is a little cheaper but in California we pay over a buck a shot for 12ga double-ought lead. Non-lead bird shot is even more.
Shooting geese, aint with cheap birdshot...my Duck and Goose loads are quite expensive. At least I can feed the whole family with one Goose though.

I change patterns with the seasons but mostly realtree and mossy oak. If nothings clean and I'm hunting from a still position, I just stick leafy branches in my pant and coat pockets to break up my silhouette. But watch out for the thorny ones! :confused:
:cool:

Back