• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Hello from Honolulu, Hawaii

Kamen Rider

Go for Broke
Hello,

I am very new to shotguns but not to firearms. As a Cub Scout, we fired a 12ga double barrel on one of our field trips. Up until then, I had only shot BB and pellet guns. The recoil and pain scared me a lot and I was afraid of shotguns after that. Just a few months ago was the annual shooting sports fair and one of the tents had shotguns. I built up the courage and decided to try again. I was pleasantly surprised that the kick wasn't as bad as I remembered it to be. I had so much fun that I decided I wanted to get one.

Been doing a bunch of research on Youtube. After a lot of back and forth between different brands and models, I finally ordered my first shotgun from Gallery of Guns last night. It is a Model 500 Security MAGPUL Series with the 18.5" breacher. I didn't want the breacher but at least it will come in handy if I ever misplace my house keys. I like the wide variety of barrels available for the 500.

I am looking forward to learning from all of you here and finding out more about these awesome guns. Sorry for such a long introduction.

Aloha and welcome to the club.

How's the gun laws out there on the island?

Welcome from MI!!

Welcome to the forum from Florida and congrats on your "soon to be" Mossberg.

Welcome to the Mossberg Owners Forum !!

Enjoy our community...

Aloha and welcome to the club.

How's the gun laws out there on the island?

Thanks everybody!! Hawaii is run by the Democrats and it has one the strictest gun laws. We are supposedly a "shall carry" state for concealed carry. It is extremely rare that they will approve somebody though. The police chief has to personally approve it. We are limited to 10 rounds in a magazine that can fit in a pistol. This is a gray area since rifles have no limits, but guns like the AR and AK have pistol versions. Some shops here will sell standard capacity magazines for the AR and AK, but some online retailers won't ship rifle magazines over 10 rounds here.

Silencers, assault pistols, and short-barreled rifles are illegal here. Hawaii is supposedly paradise, but not if you are a gun enthusiast.

Welcome aboard!

We've got a great group of folks here on Mossberg Owners and the atmosphere is very laid back. The only thing we like better than discussing each other's guns is lookin at 'em, so we're lookin forward to pics of your 500. Take a look around and feel free to post up pics of any other firearms you own in the various sub-forums. You'll find that we're into a lot more than just Mossberg around here. Jump in on the conversation anywhere and let us know if you have any questions.

Enjoy the site!

- L.E.S.

Greeting and welcome.

How far from Barrack Obama's birthplace do you reside? Is it like a tourist mecca?
He was born, lived, and went to school within 2 miles of my home. The condo he grew up in was constantly being visited by people wanting to see the place. They ended up having to put a fence around it.

Every year around Christmas he comes for a visit with his family. Not many residents seem to enjoy it. They shut down our surface streets and freeways when ever they go from place to place. Oahu already has one of the worst traffic problems in the nation and, being on an island, we don't have many alternate routes.

I haven't seen him yet because I try to stay away from where he will be. I have seen Air Force One though. That was kind of neat.

Back