• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Question Of The Month...(September 2016)

Are there too many gun manufacturers for our own good?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ripjack13

Resident Sawdust Maker
Staff member
Administrator
Supporter
"Philanthropist"
Howdy,
This is a monthly series of questions topic for everyone to join in on the discussion. Some of the later questions may have a poll, and some will not. Don't be shy now, go ahead and post an answer and vote in the polls...

**Rules**
There is no minimum post requirement. :D

Are there too many gun manufacturers for our own good?

I second that. It drives competition and innovation. Mediocre companies or companies that have been plagued with issues have either settled at the bottom or have had to up their game. It also means you and I are getting more gun for our dollar. Things that were intangible just several years ago have become affordable and for many of us, a reality. 10 years ago none of us could touch a quality AR for $700 but check out Aero Precision. These aren't bushmasters or base ARs with carry handles and A2 furniture. These are ready to shoot rifles with keymod hand guards and flat top receivers. And bolt guns have come a long way too. T/C Arms, Savage, and Mossberg all making Sub MOA rifles for $400 and less.

What did Mossberg say to Remington?
I don't recall...
Sorry, had to throw that joke in there.

The firearms industry is a rather fine example of how free markets should work. I could only hope things like health insurance would follow suit. We could then post health insurance PPOs in the Hot Deals section.

Unfortunately, due to the high demand, there are not enough being made. Although prices may have come down a bit they won't come down much especially when we have shooting incidents that are used for political gain. "The sky is falling" rant keeps prices artificially high but that may help keep some of the smaller companies in business.

No. Let more people compete to make more effective and affordable firearms.

Back