• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Sars K2 doublestack 45ACP

I love that red / orange follower color, very cool. I found a great ammo remanufacturer in KY, reviews are superb, they are growing & they have a loyal following, buy a case at a time & get free shipping & no tax for me. Great brass exchange program. I'll post it later! Happy New Year!

"Give me liberty, or give me death!"

Who's the ammo mfg in ky?

I was going to start loading my own 45acp, but as long as I can get 500 rounds of wolf for $130, that's cheaper than I can buy the dies, powder, primer and bullets for so I'll shoot them until the price goes up.

Ugh, I was an idiot & didn't check my mags from CDNN for my Sar Arms K2-45... They were not the actual OEM mags as described... They do not fully cover the bottom so dirt, lent, grime, etc... can / will get through the bottom. These look like P-14 mags that are Mec-Gar, hence The Original Equipment advertising moniker. Was gonna take "The Beast" to the ourdoor range during Spring break, gonna need to be very careful about UPC codes going forward using slickguns.com to check UPC codes & pricing, which I almost always do, but did not this time due to all my previous + experiences with CDNN. I joined Sportsman's Guide Buyers Club & that is working very well for me. Buying all kinds of things using coupon codes for free shipping, all kinds of good sales on things I need & gifts for others & the 4 pay option & they ship the firearm after payment #1, not after payment in full. 24/7 sales help line & special Buyer's Club phone #.

Sorry for the long winded ramblings, bottom line is the non-oem K2-45 mags are going back this week, lucky I take screenshots of everything I buy & print everything out & put in files for my records. Purposefully being deceptive or being purposely gray doe not sit well in my book. Some may not care about the mag well not being fully covered, but I do, & not being open & transparent is a no go in my book. No excuses for that deceptive practice. But it is my fault for not double checking to make sure the UPC doesn't match!

Anyone order any ammo from Quality Made Cartridges in KY? I odered 500 standard 230 grain round nose. I haven't shot my K2-45 yet, so I cannot give feedback on the QMC ammo, but I have 2 friends that have ordered 1000 rounds each & shot quite a few rounds down range. They love the quality & the price. No tax & free shipping @ a good price is a no brainer in my book. I asked both if they burned as clean as they say they do & both said the rounds were very clean burning. One was what I bought, 45ACP 230 grain RN & one was the 9mm equivalent.

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!!!

"Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death"

Mecgar makes both mags.

The only difference is the follower itself.

The Sars follower has a taller ridge to engage the slide lock. The P14 does not lock the slide back.

I have several of each that I use in my P14. I've had no problems using either.

Yes, Mec-Gar makes both the OEM Sar Arms K2-45 mag that comes with the pistol & Mec-Gar makes many OEM mags for an innumerable # of Firearm manufacturers, including the P-14 mags. What I know is that they advertised the additional mags as being the same OEM mag that came with the K2-45 pistol, & that is simply not true & factual. They will fix the issue, it will work out one way or another... I'm not worried about it.

The main visible difference is the writing on the mags & the base plate on the P-14 mags are much smaller & they do not cover the magazine well of the K2-45 pistol. The result is a gap that will allow foreign materials to enter into the magazine well on the pistol. It's possible that what CDNN sold me & what you were able to purchase & seem to be happy with are different.

I didn't do a visual comparison of the OEM mag that came with the K2-45 pistol & the other Mec-Gar mags they shipped me as the line was long & I was running late. I learned my lesson... Hopefully others reading these posts can learn wisdom & avoid making a mistake similiar to mine.

A Slickguns.com search using the OEM K2-45 pistol mag UPC # will give you more than a dozen sellers, like Lanbo's Armory, & others where an actual OEM K2-45 mag can be purchased. I believe in the principles of liberty & transparency. Hopefully this post will help others, as that is my intention, I for one want OEM K2-45 mags, not P-14 mags. To each his own :)

"Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death"

Nothing wrong with only wanting to use the Sar mags. I wasn't implying that it wasn't.

Just that my experience with both have been positive.

Here are a bunch of photos of the sars and para mags side by side for reference. Perhaps it will help you determine what you have. Or not.

After looking, the only difference between the two are the follower, and the P14 mags have witness holes in the back of the mag.

Sars mag
300 blackout reloading 002.JPG

Para mag
300 blackout reloading 003.JPG

Sars on the left, Para on the right
300 blackout reloading 006.JPG

300 blackout reloading 007.JPG

300 blackout reloading 005.JPG

300 blackout reloading 010.JPG

Just to keep the thread current, I have recently did a 2 tone camo dip to the gun since I routinely carry it when I'm in the woods just to have something a little different. I kinda like the atacs pattern. I just never really pictured it on a handgun slide.

I'm still deciding whether to keep the atacs or go back to the standard black slide, or perhaps a plain coyote slide. Decisions, decisions. For now, I'm going to keep the atacs and see if it grows on me or not.

atacs%20sarsilmaz%20k245_zps5yvs8mj9.png

I had also used the handgun to take my CCW range portion of the test. Scored 100%.

11 placed in the torso (11 required to pass) and the remaining 9 shots were done on a bet so I forced myself to slow down a little for proper shot placement ;).

CCW%20target%20004_zpsxmyeekc8.jpg

THANKS 4 THE POST JOHN. I got so busy with life I never addressed the mag issue, the mags CDNN shipped to me are a different size. I dunno why, I have email proof of contact, I never followed up & never got a reply.

It's always fun to customize, my life is just crazy busy, I dropped the ball, but learned some valuable life lessons. Just praying that Killiary doesn't get in as POTUS through the massive organized vote fraud with so many electronic voting machines switching votes from Trump to Killiary.

If I can make time I will post pics of the difference for everyone to see. Definitely not the mags you have, those would be fine, the ones shipped to me actually leave a space where debris can easily get into the magazine well, because the bottom baseplate does not cover the entire opening like the stock mag does.

Nice shooting & thanks for all your posts!

"Give Me Liberty Or Give Me Death!"

Glad you were able to followup.

I have had one issue with one of the mecgar mags.

I kept it fully loaded (all 14 rounds) and inserted in the gun and the spring took a set and kept the tips of the rounds nosediving in the mag upon cycling. I need to call mecgar about that and got a reply from them, but kept slipping my mind until you just mentioned it again.

I'll do that now and see if I can get a new spring or two.

Back