• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg Serial Number Data Base

Got my reply back, i was right when i thought it was made. My question is what is this model?

Hi Michael,
Thank you for your email and sorry for the delay. Your firearm was made in September of 1994 as a Mossberg 500 12 gauge model number 50158. Thank you.

Sincerely,
Customer Service Team
O.F. Mossberg & Sons, Inc.

I understood that, what I dont understand is I thought it was just a model 500... I can not find any info on this specific model though...

Looking around I found this from Mossberg.............

Excellent Mossberg 500A 12 Ga pump, 28" Barrel , cylinder bore choke. Double beaded sights on railed barrel, Ported Barrel end.

Model 50158 , Deluxe checkered wood, 2 3/4 and 3" Magnum shells, great for regular slugs and 00 Buck but can be used with any 12ga. shells.

Thanks! Well had non ported barrel with it and a choke with it so overall not a bad deal i guess... Good to know it can take magnums(thought that was only 3 1/2 shells

Thanks! Well had non ported barrel with it and a choke with it so overall not a bad deal i guess... Good to know it can take magnums(thought that was only 3 1/2 shells

You need to read what it is chambered for. If it says 2 3/4"-3" ,,,,do not shoot 3 1/2" shells.

My 835 was purchased in '89, could be an '88 I guess. # UM076XX.
Just purchased one for my 12 yr old for a Christmas gift. Can't wait to shoot the old with the new!

Last edited:
Can you post the first three numbers also ?

TY
Hi I am new here so, I am not sure exactly what information you are wanting for your Mossberg Database. Do you want firearm particulars or simply the serial number?

I will say this. . . . I bought my Mossy 500a used from a neighbor about 20 years ago or so. I am converting it to a Bullpup Unlimited unit as I write.

The serial number, according to the database you currently have, puts it in the 1979 era H 274XXX

If you want any further information on the shotgun please leave a reply post here.

Cheers, Nick
Can you post the first three numbers also ?

TY

I forgot about this thread and I hadn't posted when I bought the new Mossberg 500. #U840947

20170119_011320.jpg

I bought the pistol grip 12ga Mossberg 500 Cruiser with the Insight plastic flashlight/forearm. This was another Davidson's exclusive, and I bought it new from my buddy who is a local FFL.

Thank you guys for posting your numbers. I will update our data base.

Back