• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Ghost Ring Sights

Re: Gunsmiths are crazy around here

oli700 said:
I see your dilemma. Good luck.

The shop is real easy to deal with. He said that he should be able to send that barrel I ordered originally back and just charge me the difference of the two prices. That is if his distributor has it in stock. Just waiting to hear back.

oli700 said:
I see your dilemma. Good luck.

Update:

Neither of the gun shops distributors stock the barrel with the pre-installed front ghost ring. However, the dude is checking but he believes he can refund my money on the old barrel. As soon as I find out within the next hour whether he can or not then I will be good to roll. If he will then I will go ahead and order the 95303 as it comes with the front ghost ring pre-installed on blue barrel and comes with rear ghost ring with it for 135.00 shipping and all. Heck of alot cheaper than having one silver soldered to the "regular" barrel I bought. At which time I will just send the ghost rings I bought back where I got em from and get a refund. No biggy.

oli700 said:
thats about going rate with the refinish....either send back the sights and get a micro reflex or learn the bead. You could also look into a Mossberg barrel with it already installed from the factory.

I am ordering the 95303 part with the 18.5 barrel and front ghost ring already silver soldered on with ghost ring rear kit. Already getting an rma to send the ghost ring set back. I am p'od though as the gun shop distributor didnt have any in stock said it would be three weeks before they had anymore in. Mossberg is saying it will be 7-10 days before they ship out. Not sure what I am supposed to do in the mean time and why it takes so long when the gun shop got my last barrel in two days.

Kind of got ya by the balls but in the end all will be forgotten when you finally get the prize....3 weeks for a lifetime of quality shooting and this way it is done right and you get what you want for less than you thought

oli700 said:
Kind of got ya by the balls but in the end all will be forgotten when you finally get the prize....3 weeks for a lifetime of quality shooting and this way it is done right and you get what you want for less than you thought

Darn right. Good point. This was the "cheapest" route to go and it gets done right.

tnxdshooter said:
oli700 said:

Darn right. Good point. This was the "cheapest" route to go and it gets done right.

Now I can take that money and buy "other goodies".

tnxdshooter said:
tnxdshooter said:
oli700 said:

Now I can take that money and buy "other goodies".

Ammo ! need more ammo !.....how much shotgun shooting do you got under your belt ?

Ammo ! need more ammo !.....how much shotgun shooting do you got under your belt ?[/quote]

Very little. Maybe 100 hours

I am very proficient with rifles and hanguns though.

Not mine, it is on a logging companies land and the small community I am from uses it...It has a shelter and bench. On the other side there are two trap houses and lanes. The range is only good for about 250 yards but there are plans to log behind it. The land owners are going to clear out a 500 yard lane....its free as long as people are respectful and they have been since the 40's or so.

oli700 said:
Not mine, it is on a logging companies land and the small community I am from uses it...It has a shelter and bench. On the other side there are two trap houses and lanes. The range is only good for about 250 yards but there are plans to log behind it. The land owners are going to clear out a 500 yard lane....its free as long as people are respectful and they have been since the 40's or so.

I do not shoot at any of the free ones around here because there are meth heads roaming around there picking up brass and I am afraid I may have to shoot someone sometime. So I shoot indoors. yes I have to pay a little more but it beats being hassled by meth heads with sores all over them for the spent brass.

Shooting meth heads is as close as anyone will get to a zombie...no one will miss them. If that happened at our spot .....probably no shootings but there would be some ass whippings handed out

oli700 said:
Shooting meth heads is as close as anyone will get to a zombie...no one will miss them. If that happened at our spot .....probably no shootings but there would be some ass whippings handed out

LOL,

I dont like to fight drug infested people. Might have communicable diseases.

I here ya….That’s why clubs were invented

Polychoke did 2 front sights on the bbl's for my mossy when I added a grs.
I use the LPA sights. $90 for both + shipping. BBL did not have to be re-blued.
They use a low temp silver solder- I've put 500 rds thru it since with no problems.

ladytech777 said:
Polychoke did 2 front sights on the bbl's for my mossy when I added a grs.
I use the LPA sights. $90 for both + shipping. BBL did not have to be re-blued.
They use a low temp silver solder- I've put 500 rds thru it since with no problems.

Thanks for the advice. I have already ordered a blued 18.5" barrel with front ghost ring already silver soldered on that comes with the rear ghost ring for free from mossberg.

Re: XS Ghost Sight Rail

Unfortunately they have not released the banded front sight for the Mossberg 500/590 yet.

Back