• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New Member here, and a long time Mossberg user.

Iagent

Hi, my name is Rick. I grew up using a Mossberg 410 that belonged to my Mom. My Dad took me hunting, and I used it for rabbits and squirrels. I did better with the Mossberg than I did with my Savage Fox side by side 12 that I moved to later. Anyway, 35 years later, I still love the side by side, but wanted something for home defense. I just ordered a 590 18.5 base model 12 Mossberg, and I'm excited to take possession of it soon. I was also looking at the Marine cote version, but decided that I didn't need that. I would sometime like to buy wood stock upgrades as well as a heat shield. Any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks in advance!

I used to be more into airguns and made over 1,000 grip sets for various pellet guns lol.

https://www.facebook.com/richard.m.andres/media_set?set=a.1317984714726.2040384.1384000598&type=3

Last edited:
Welcome to the Mossberg owners Rick.

I have a Mossberg 454 Mariner and I'm not that fond of the Mariner finish myself.

For one thing anybody can touch up a blued finish when you scratch it but it's really hard to match that Mossberg Mariner finish.

I just oil it and ignore the scratches.

Welcome from NY. I have a mariner as well, and I do the same as caddmann as far as ignoring the scratches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum from Florida and congrats on your "soon to be" Mossberg.:)

Welcome to the Mossberg Owners Forum !!

Enjoy our community...

Welcome aboard!

We've got a great group of folks here on Mossberg Owners and the atmosphere is very laid back. The only thing we like better than discussing each other's guns is lookin at 'em, so we're lookin forward to pics of your 590. Take a look around and feel free to post up pics of any other firearms you own in the various sub-forums. You'll find that we're into a lot more than just Mossberg around here. Jump in on the conversation anywhere and let us know if you have any questions.

Enjoy the site!

- L.E.S.

Welcome from MI!!

Howdy fellow sawdust maker, welcome to the club. Those grips look great!! Nicely done sir....

Back