• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

I'm in Smyrna GA for the next four days at GLOCK factory training!

Nitesite, you are such a lucky dude!

And evidently a terrific shooter.

I could dig on taking the factory armorer's class.

But it takes me 36 seconds to focus my eye on a target before I can pull the trigger.

"Are you going for the Armorer's class or shooting? All are a great bunch."

I attended both. Great people. Excellent facility, both the indoor range and the immaculate classroom.

Very demanding shooting standards. Eight different shooting stages each starting from a locked and hooded Level III security duty holster, malfunction (dummy round) manipulations and mag changes thrown in, all stages are recorded with a PACT Timer, Acceptable passing requirement is maximum TOTAL time for all completed runs must be under 35-seconds and any miss outside a 6" head circle or 12" heart-lung circle is a two second penalty per miss. Three misses = 6-seconds so for example you can still make the time by shooting all eight stages in <29-seconds even with a few misses.

I shot the course clean on the last day but my time was 36.18 seconds. So I had to do it again faster. My second run I had two unsupported weak-hand misses but pushed harder and made the time up with a 30-sec time (34-second run after adding the 4-second penalty).

There were a few who on the last day went out the door without a successful completion of the course so they got a NO-GO, just an invitation to enroll again and give it another try. They won't give everyone a trophy just for trying. So I am breathing a huge sigh of relief that I passed.

I would do it again in a heartbeat.

what were the description of the stages... seems fun!

Back