• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 590 Shock Wave

The following just appeared in my mailbox. I'm not really in the market (yet ;)) but this shows me they are legal in FL, and gun stores are selling them...

flgunxsw.JPG

And PS: it is Bike Week in Daytona this week! :)

Have not had a chance to shoot it yet but it's a nice piece...
shockwave1_zpsvbwp5el2.png

I remember my CHP instructor was very specific about NC only issuing Concealed Handgun Permits. He specifically told me I could not legally conceal a shotgun, because I specifically asked him about it. Did I say specific enough times? :D Take care. Tom Worthington

https://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2017/3/31/tested-mossberg-590-shockwave/

One of the interesting things in this article is the mention of the mini shell "adapter". This can be bought separately and used with any 500, 590, or 88. I am thinking I may buy one of the adapters, if it will make those short shells feed reliably.

The Mossberg team introduced me to a slick little accessory called the OPSol Mini-Clip, which neatly solves the Mini Shells feeding issues. It's a wedge-shaped rubber block that's manually pressed into the open slot at the grip end of the 590 receiver, no tools required. When you're ready to shoot standard length shells, just press the Mini Clip back out.
shock_014_mossw_opsol-install_01s.jpg

The Mini-Clip acts as a buffer to position the Mini Shells in just the right spot to chamber properly as they move from the magazine to the elevator assembly. This device works perfectly and can be purchased online for $15. The Mini Clip is compatible with Mossberg 500, 590, 590A1 and Maverick 88 models.

Take care. Tom Worthington

Got my Shockwave:

20170410_172953-1.jpg

LOVE it!! :D

Also got the OPSol adapter and some Aguila mini buckshot rounds:

20170410_235557-1.jpg

Overall I think this gun is awesome and a good defense tool as Clint Smith shows! It is not a replacement for a full sized riot gun with a stock, but it is more of a special use close combat weapon for cramped areas where space is limited and even inside vehicles such as RVs or campers.

Got my Shockwave:

20170410_172953-1.jpg

LOVE it!! :D

Also got the OPSol adapter and some Aguila mini buckshot rounds:

20170410_235557-1.jpg

Overall I think this gun is awesome and a good defense tool as Clint Smith shows! It is not a replacement for a full sized riot gun with a stock, but it is more of a special use close combat weapon for cramped areas where space is limited and even inside vehicles such as RVs or campers.

What's the capacity in the tube with the mini shells?

Back