• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

In need of a FLEX receiver adapter

Gonz9731

Gents,

Thanks for reading;

I'm in need of a FLEX receiver adapter.

I'm looking to turn a 500 receiver into one that can accept the myriad of FLEX stocks.

Can anyone help?

Has anyone gone the other way; turned their FLEX into a fixed stock model and want to recoop some of the cost by selling their take-off adapter piece?

Thanks all.

I haven't heard or seen if the TLS adaptor is available separately for purchase; but I don't think it will be available from mossberg to purchase.
If they just sold that piece, no one would buy the flex gun and just convert their own 500/590 for way less than the purchase of a whole gun.
Not a smart business move IMO but that's probably why you won't see it from mossberg but you may find it from someone who took it off their flex but again not sure if anyone here has done that.

Wow.... I stand corrected.
Thanks for the info on the flex kit.

My answer was based of when I bought my flex about 4 or 5 years ago. You could not buy the flex system kit separate. It was only available with the purchase of a Flex SG then. Guess they changed their marketing strategy for it. The only other bad thing about it when I got mine there weren't as many interchangeable parts for it as they demonstrated. All they had was the pistol grip and adjustable stock. Then they came out with the standard stocks a year or so later. But none the less it's cool to know it's out there. Let us know if you find the kits anywhere as others may be interested too.

I wait in hope, Stigmata!
But I can see no other report or press release for when such a kit will go on sale. Perhaps it was an " interest guaging" exercise to see what demand there would be. Or perhaps someone higher up in Management put a ha!t to it.
I just emailed Dave Miles at Mossberg, so might get some reply early next week.
Hopefully his office is better at returning emails than the people who can date your gun from its serial number .......

Last edited:
Good luck bro. I hope so.
I haven't heard of the flex TLS system to be sold separately but then again just haven't looked for it either.
I know the flex wasn't as popular as they hoped but it's still available as are other models.
The tooless locking system is what really makes the flex, not the gun, so I don't know how may ppl would buy the gun just for that option if they already have one or two mossberg's in their collection of shotguns.
I bought it cause I didn't have a SG so it was cool to have that option on a mossy.

I had been wanting of take off the TLS when I first got it cause no FLEX parts were available then. It had also just been out a few months so I just waited and just used her the way she was. I did swap out the forend and tube for a standard 590 one because there was no corn cob option and that's what I wanted. But I kept the adj stock it came with and just swapped it with my AR stocks for what I wanted and eventually the regular full SG stock was out for purchase. Well I should say wasn't available but out of stock everywhere till I finally found it at Academy or something. I do know there were limited in production for the accessories. Till this day I haven't really seen any out at the big box stores and If I did they probably only have 1 on the shelf. Don't know if it's because of popularity it limited availability.

Perhaps in a country where there is easy availability of guns, people just bought another instead of a kit at possiblky 1/3 the price of a new gun. Perhaps Mossberg miscalculated, and are just concentrating on selling complete new guns.
Here in Ireland each gun requires you to have a licence, at a cost of about 90 dollars . This lasts 3 years, and if you have three of four shotguns or rifles, it gets expensive when all the licence renewal's arrive at the same time.Also, when you have four or more guns, you are required to have an alarm system fitted to your house, at the discretion of your local police Superintendent. So a quick change stock that allowed two people shoot the same gun could be handy.

Well I'm impressed!
Got an email back from Dave Miles at Mossberg, on a Saturday afternoon , only hours after emailing him!

He says the Flex system aftermarket kit for older 500's should go on sale in the US from next month.
He's not sure when they will be offered in Ireland and the UK yet.

Well I'm impressed!
Got an email back from Dave Miles at Mossberg, on a Saturday afternoon , only hours after emailing him!

He says the Flex system aftermarket kit for older 500's should go on sale in the US from next month.
He's not sure when they will be offered in Ireland and the UK yet.

curious, was he more exact on the timeframe? don't see the FLEX kit on their website, (#96024 from best i can tell in the video) and it's been more than "next month" since 1/14/2017.

Can you see if you can ping him again to get a better sense of Q2/Q3 release? I'm eyeing a #27977 Tan MVP Flex 5.56 that would pair up nice once i can flex my 500.

curious, was he more exact on the timeframe? don't see the FLEX kit on their website, (#96024 from best i can tell in the video) and it's been more than "next month" since 1/14/2017.

Can you see if you can ping him again to get a better sense of Q2/Q3 release? I'm eyeing a #27977 Tan MVP Flex 5.56 that would pair up nice once i can flex my 500.

Sorry guys. I started this thread and then checked out on you. I don't know why I wasn't getting notified by email on replies until this reply but;

I asked the Reps at the Mossy booth at SHOOT Show in Vegas this year. Their answer was March/April 17

Will that come to fruition? I certainly hope it's that soon I'd REALLY like to be able to switch my stock to the Monte Carlo style when I go from the 18.5" HD barrel to the longer scoped deerslayer barrels and back again when the seasons over.

Sorry guys. I started this thread and then checked out on you. I don't know why I wasn't getting notified by email on replies until this reply but;

I asked the Reps at the Mossy booth at SHOOT Show in Vegas this year. Their answer was March/April 17

Will that come to fruition? I certainly hope it's that soon I'd REALLY like to be able to switch my stock to the Monte Carlo style when I go from the 18.5" HD barrel to the longer scoped deerslayer barrels and back again when the seasons over.
no worries! i've been tracking this thread, main curiosity is the cost of the kit. March/April 2017 is a lot sooner now than back in January.

Here's what i can deduce from Slickguns:

$335-$400 for MOSSBERG FLEX 500 (UPC #015813501217, https://www.slickguns.com/search/apachesolr_search/015813501217?upc_only=1)
$300-$335 for MOSSBERG 500 12/28 VR ACCU PORTED (UPC #015813501200, https://www.slickguns.com/search/apachesolr_search/015813501200?upc_only=1&is_firearms_wikiarms=0)

$450-$515 for FLEX 500 Combo Field/Security (UPC #015813543200, https://www.slickguns.com/search/apachesolr_search/015813543200)
$330-$375 for 500 Combo Field/Security (UPC #015813541695, https://www.slickguns.com/search/apachesolr_search/015813541695)

for base model, if they sell the adapter for $30, it would still require a stock (https://www.slickguns.com/search/apachesolr_search/95224) for about $40, making total conversion cost at least $70. if you already have a combo kit, price difference makes up for it, provided you get the pistol grip for $30.

Luckily once i get the tan MVP Flex (http://www.mossberg.com/product/mvp-flex-rifle-27977/), i can get this $60 stock (https://www.cdnnsports.com/mossberg-flex-4-position-hunting-stock.html) and call it a wash. but only if the adapter isn't over $30. A stock/pistol grip on the MVP just looks strange to me.

YES! gotta love Mossberg owners!

A bit over my initial $30 estimate with "sale" price at $42, the other combos are still a great deal for someone that just got a Combo 500 non-FLEX.

Looking back, i bought a Ergo Forend w/ rails at the end of 2013 for $53 along with a $30 slide tube to make it work (apparently Big 5 combo 500 packages had some issues where aftermarket forends didn't work).

Also, as a warning, the FLEX 4-Position Hunting (#SKU 95221) can be found for $50 at SDNN but is HEAVY at 2lbs; i was shocked when i felt it the first time.

Back