• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

.22 Pistols: Pics and Discussion

You know what they say, "no pics=it never happened..." ;) That is why I'm convinced Osama Bin Laden is NOT dead, but is a high ranking member of Nobama's cabinet... :rolleyes:

Ruger.png

It's stamped "Made in the 200th Year of American Liberty" on top, but couldn't get it to show up in a pic. Had this pistol quite a few years and now belongs to my son. Got it off a customer back when I first started my business in lieu of cash on a $125 service call.

my 1911 colt the sights came out on the back sights on the gun. I have been calling and calling and they keep tilling they are on back order. they look like some cheap parts that just push in. I went to a gun shop and they told me about 300 to get and install new sights. I can buy a new gun almost cheaper than having them sights installed. :mad:

I see some incredible target pistols on these pages.

I just have a std Ruger Mk3. This is the latest California model, which makes it a bit more trouble to work on.

The other is a Springfield XDs-9.
20160102_203715-1_resized.jpg

BTW, I always thought the Ruger looked like a Luger. That is until I saw a Nambu in a book.

Anybody own a Nambu?

53589408d96994b3ef41f6f12d84c395.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As you all know, here in the UK "pistols" are not allowed..... all firearms have to have at least a 12'' barrel, and be 24'' overall.

So, we adapt.....

b64b7f2799.jpg

This is a UK legal TSC1911 .22lr LBP (Long Barrelled Pistol)
I think these are actually GSG made guns, marketed in the UK as TSC.

The suppressor is fake, and just a shroud for the 12.5'' barrel, and it has the rod fixed to the butt to give the overall length.
This a 1st gen gun, and while its a fun way to turn ammo into empty brass, its not that accurate. The current 2nd Gen models are apparently more accurate.

(it wasn't until I posted this photo I realised I've owned it for 4 years!!... time flies..)

I finally read all the way through this thread from the beginning proud to see how many of you own a Ruger .22.

Of all my guns the Ruger MK-III Is my favorite pistol to shoot. It is just so smooth and consistent and easy.

That being said I will someday buy a real high-quality dedicated .22 target pistol.

In the meantime I have five .22 long guns but this is my only other .22 pistol, the NAA Sidewinder mimi magnum.
20160425_222118.jpg

20160425_222317.jpg

20160425_221952.jpg

The Sidewinders comes with a 22 long rifle cylinder as well. I shot 22 long, 22 short and .22 mag.

Actually she seems to be the most accurate shooting the 22 shorts and the least accurate with the 22 mags. Shooting shorts pollutes the cylinders, so I won't be doing that as a normal practice.

The cocobolo grips are lovely but she currently wears the ugly but functional plastic folding pocket clip grip.

1467730363685-338123487.jpg

1467730440925-644643421.jpg

If people can see the gun, but nobody can tell it's a gun, is that open carry or concealed?
1467730553615311636811.jpg

Last edited:
I have to remark that since I bought a 1911 the .22 is not my favorite pistol to shoot.

However I will still buy a target model 22 pistol someday.

I guess I never posted my latest .22 purchase for $250.
Another S&W.
This one is a M&P Fullsize with the 12 rnd. mag.

I was supposed to pick up my M&P .380 auto last night and my new kahr .380, but something was goofy on the doj computer network, and hopefully we will get it today.

My Sig Mosquito after a range trip on 5/7/17.
Broken slide :(

Sent off the broken slide to a machinist to have it reverse engineered. Going to have a new slide made out of billet aluminum.
Don't have any time frame as yet. It just arrived at the destination today.
I was feeling impatient and I decided to look again for a slide online.

Found one on ebay!! It's for a GSG Firefly which is the exact same as the Mosquito.
Paid just over $100 for the replacement just to get my gun up and running again ASAP.

STILL going to have the new one machined which will solve the broken slide issue.

I just inherited a 1967 Colt Woodsman. I'm super excited about it. It's been on my bucket list since I was a kid and didn't know we had one floating around in our family.

It was a single-owner pistol, bought new in 1967, along with a box of Winchester ammo, and has sat unused in a holster for the last 50 years. There are some minor rub marks in the bluing on the muzzle, where the holster squeezes down to a friction point. The box of ammo still had 15 rounds in it, so it's a safe bet this little beauty has had less than 35 rounds fired through it. The bore looks fantastic.

I completely disassembled it and it's darned near perfect. I can't wait to go out and shoot it!

The holster is a Hunter model 1100, and based on the condition of the brass snaps, I'm guessing it was purchased at the same time as the gun. They were heavily corroded and, unfortunately, the inside of the snaps were resting against the wood grips. You can see where the corrosion etched away at the surface of the stain.

I don't have the original box. But since I ain't never gonna sell it, I don't care about the collector value. I'd rather have the holster than a cardboard box any day.

ZV2U5Ir.jpg

OLmcNRr.jpg

eIG3nGI.jpg

Last edited:
I just inherited a 1968 Colt Woodsman. I'm super excited about it. It's been on my bucket list since I was a kid and didn't know we had one floating around in our family.

It was a single-owner pistol, bought new in 1968, along with a box of Winchester ammo, and has sat unused in a holster for the last 50 years. There are some minor rub marks in the bluing on the muzzle, where the holster squeezes down to a friction point. The box of ammo still had 15 rounds in it, so it's a safe bet this little beauty has had less than 35 rounds fired through it. The bore looks fantastic.

I completely disassembled it and it's darned near perfect. I can't wait to go out and shoot it!

The holster is a Hunter model 1100, and based on the condition of the brass snaps, I'm guessing it was purchased at the same time as the gun. They were heavily corroded and, unfortunately, the inside of the snaps were resting against the wood grips. You can see where the corrosion etched away at the surface of the stain. I also don't have the original box. But since I ain't never gonna sell it, I don't care about the collector value. I'd rather have the holster than a cardboard box any day.

ZV2U5Ir.jpg

OLmcNRr.jpg

eIG3nGI.jpg
Sorry for your family loss.
And congrats on being entrusted with a great treasure.
That is a very nice piece. Two very nice classic pistols ive seen on mossy forum in five minutes whod have thought.

Back