• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Forend questions

I just ordered the Magpul stock and forend set. From what I know the forend doesn't fit the 500. I would have to buy 7 5/8" action assembly. Does anyone of you know or have suggestions to where I can get one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It'll fit if your gun is any of the 500 "tactical" models currently offered. Only the sporting guns went to the shorter slide action tube. All tacticals, if they have removeable forearms, use the 7 5/8". That tube isn't rare by any means, either. Ebay always has a few at any time....but do NOT buy the first one you see! They can range from a low of about $20 to $50+. If you're not in any real hurry wait for a good deal. Midway always has them....well, always seems to have them when you don't need one. Brownells ALWAYS has them but they charge more than any other source it seems. There's also an extended slide action tube adapter put out by Hogue at one time and by others now. It goes $12 and up. Again, wait on a good deal. It's the best economical choice. On the Ebay slide action tubes....word of warning here. There is a new style, the one 99% of us have and never suspect any diff, and the old style that had standoff bushings on the mag tube. Spiral flat springs. The old style is a straight wall tube and only works on the old style tubes. The new style, about thirty years of new style (lol) has dimples pressed into the slide tube. The dimpled i sthe one you want. Dimpled 7 5/8". Some folks call it a 7 3/4" but it's the same tube.

Welcome to the forum, sir!

Richard

Last edited:
It'll fit if your gun is any of the 500 "tactical" models currently offered. Only the sporting guns went to the shorter slide action tube. All tacticals, if they have removeable forearms, use the 7 5/8". That tube isn't rare by any means, either. Ebay always has a few at any time....but do NOT buy the first one you see! They can range from a low of about $20 to $50+. If you're not in any real hurry wait for a good deal. Midway always has them....well, always seems to have them when you don't need one. Brownells ALWAYS has them but they charge more than any other source it seems. There's also an extended slide action tube adapter put out by Hogue at one time and by others now. It goes $12 and up. Again, wait on a good deal. It's the best economical choice. On the Ebay slide action tubes....word of warning here. There is a new style, the one 99% of us have and never suspect any diff, and the old style that had standoff bushings on the mag tube. Spiral flat springs. The old style is a straight wall tube and only works on the old style tubes. The new style, about thirty years of new style (lol) has dimples pressed into the slide tube. The dimpled i sthe one you want. Dimpled 7 5/8". Some folks call it a 7 3/4" but it's the same tube.

Welcome to the forum, sir!

Richard
Haha and im the type to buy the first thing I see. Thank you for all the info, really appreciate it. I was going to go for the hogue action slide, but reviews wasn't too good. From what you're telling me since I got the Persuader 7+1 shot Mossberg model I probably won't need to change my action tube. I'll wait and see if I need to buy one or not.

Glad to be in the forum [emoji1417]

No idea on a Hogue slide tube, but they do make that adapter nut that allows you to extend a 6 1/2" tube for 7 5/8" forearms.. It's just an extended nut so there's not much can go wrong. Some forearms might need a tiny bit of opening up for it to fit but it's not hard. It just replaces your current nut. This is if you had a short tube. You won't.

No idea on a Hogue slide tube, but they do make that adapter nut that allows you to extend a 6 1/2" tube for 7 5/8" forearms.. It's just an extended nut so there's not much can go wrong. Some forearms might need a tiny bit of opening up for it to fit but it's not hard. It just replaces your current nut. This is if you had a short tube. You won't.

I had the same problem when I got the Magpul kit. But it'll fit the persuader for sure. You just have to pull it hard enough for the forend to snap or click on the tube. Looks great and it feels great [emoji1417]

Back