• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Picatinney rail for Patriot Bantam

First, my wife's Patriot Bantam came with what I'm assuming are Weaver 20 MOA mounts, not a rail, plus a really inexpensive scope. At the range we couldn't get the scope to zero at any distance. We had the elevation maxed out and were hitting about 2 feet under the 100 meter target.

I just attempted to boresight the new scope (a Vortex Viper 6-20x50). Even with the elevation bottomed out I still can't get the cross hairs low enough to come close to the target.

Is there a picatinney rail that fits a short action Patriot? I would prefer a 0 MOA rail, but would take a 20 MOA if that's all that's available.

Thanks for any suggestions.

I'm striking out but here's what I've found.

What you're looking for is a rail for a short action ATR or 4x4.

I'm not able to find one piece picatinny rails. But, I can find two piece sets. My personal recommendation is Leupold. Inexpensive and made in Oregon. You can use the mount system mount finder. It asks you to select a scope. I just select the VXR series and a 3-9x40. Close enough for me but you can find something in their selections that's comparable to what you're using.

Ok, the part numbers do cross reference with Remington 700 two piece sets. Still haven't found a one piece rail that matches though.

Thanks guys. The EGW rail is on order. Since most of her shooting will be under 500 yards, I went with the 0 MOA rail. Later, I had a change of heart and ordered the 20 MOA rail as well. It's nice to have options.

The EGW would have been among my top choices. Not sure how I missed it. @Djcala good work finding that. Hard to beat American made and a really nice price too.

Yes good price. Im actually going to order one for my patriot also. What is on it now works fine but i do have a night vision scope that may find its way to the patriot at some point.

I wanted to use the EGW on my savage but it's top load only and wouldn't have been efficient. I've been considering a magazine fed, like the MVP in which case I'd definitely do the EGW.

I like the benefit of a solid rail and paired with the some good rings, i would think it would reduce the possibility of human error in mounting.

I wanted to use the EGW on my savage but it's top load only and wouldn't have been efficient. I've been considering a magazine fed, like the MVP in which case I'd definitely do the EGW.

I like the benefit of a solid rail and paired with the some good rings, i would think it would reduce the possibility of human error in mounting.

I REALLy like the one piece DNZ system for that exact reason. We put one on son in laws 700 rock solid. Wheeler alignment tool showed rings to be perfect out of the box. Very nice worth the money.

I can see the one piece DNZ being an excellent option. Price is pretty good too especially given that the rings are integral. Also American made!

I may have to look into the DNZ a little more. I would like to have my scope mounted a little lower. The current height from centre of bore to center of scope is 1.8" with a 3-9x40 scope and I have the space to go lower. I've not really worried about mostly because I don't feel like messing with aligning the rings again but the DNZ takes all that fuss out of it.

Why have I not looked at these before? I know I've seen them mentioned.

Yes good price. Im actually going to order one for my patriot also. What is on it now works fine but i do have a night vision scope that may find its way to the patriot at some point.
Hopefully, my mailman will deliver my EGW short action picatinny rail mount today to go on my Mossberg Patriot .22-250. I've got night hunting in my plans, too, and will hopefully get my ATN X-sight II 3-14 ordered either this afternoon or tomorrow. I had the money in hand for it, but my son comes up at the last moment needing it worse than I did...lol. Such is the lot of having someone call you "Dad".

They'll probably ship my EGW short action picatinny rail today or tomorrow. The USPS will probably do their usual thing with my package. I live about 80 miles south of Seattle, so all mail goes to Seattle, then to Renton, then to Federal Way, then back to Seattle, and finally it heads our way. The little side trip usually takes a full day to a day and a half. My wife wants to hunt deer with me this fall. If she wants to join me for elk, she's going to have to step up to a .308 or .30-06. Luckily I have an etra .308...or two.

580aa05c737d3.image.jpg Dont forget 7mm08 fine elk and whitetail medicine and very tolerable recoil.
14 yr old girl Nebraska state record 240yds with her 7mm08

Last edited:
Lots of fine calibers out there suitable for elk and other large game, I'm just trying to keep my reloading setups to a minimum. Right now I just have to load 9mm, .45 ACP. .243, .308 and 5.56mm. Trying to keep it simple.

That is one fine bull elk though. Kind of fitting that it fell to a 14 year old girl. Keeps all the loud mouths quiet.

Back