• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

It's muggy here already. Lots to do to get ready for a family bbq tomorrow. Fireworks at night. Woooo!

It's been very dry here, and the snowpack is melting so all the rivers and lakes are very full. Many of the waters are closed to fishing and boating right now because they are so rapid and dangerous.

The trailer park down by the Kings River is starting to float away...

Good Morning Mossberg Forum Members !!

Cool breeze blowing...birds singing...coffee in hand, I sit on my deck perfectly content...

Carry on...

Good morning folks.... well good afternoon, actually.

Well the boat work continues at a feverish pace, as I refurbish my trailer, try the new battery charger, & reattach my sonar pickup which had come loose on the transom. I laid full epoxy bedding there, that has to cure.

Local temps are now well above 100 degrees and nobody wanted to go shooting with me :confused: even though the Rifle Club will be 10 degrees cooler at least.

Good afternoon Mossbergs. I have been in Omaha since Thursday afternoon. The weather is perfect. Mid 50s at night 80ish by day. I'll head to Tulsa Monday morning. Have a great weekend.

Good morning Mossberg owners. Clear skies and 70 degrees in Tulsa this morning. The drive home from Omaha yesterday took me 7 hours and 10 minutes.

We are supposed to have highs in the 90s pretty much all of the coming week with a chance of Thunderstorms over the weekend. The weatherman/woman/person says we could get 2-4 inches of rain in some places .

Have a great day and stay vigilant.

Good morning shooters.

Temperatures are here are falling off into the high 90s, and I continue to struggle with the trailer. Finding some of the parts I need is proven impossible locally so I'm fabricating them.

I keep getting ads from Davidson's everyday, but 90% of what they're offering is not legal in California and that's just rifles 99.9 percent of the handguns are now illegal here.

I think the only thing you can buy in California are single action revolvers and Glock 19, plus I see that Ruger has a .22 revolver and a stubby .357 revolver that they got certified.

But 61 pages of guns have been decertified since 2001 and 27 pages of that is just in the past two and a half years. This January 1st 5 and a half more pages of guns were decertified. There are about 20 per page.

Sooo... some 1,200 guns have been decertified since 2001, and can no longer be imported, exported, traded, sold, loaned or whatever.

Well that's a depressing thought so I'm going to quit thinking that and go work on my boat.

Good morning Mossberg owners.

Very quietly, the state of California passed an "assisted suicide" law last year, and I read in the paper this morning that so far 111 people have chosen death.

I sure hope if I ever choose that I don't need anybody else to do it for me.

On a lighter note the boat trailer is almost finished. In a couple more hours I'll have all the bracketry done, and then I'm going to hang some new lights and rewire it. The last time I came back from the lake one of my "waterproof" lights was completely full of water.

We drove up to Grand Lake yesterday. We'll stay till the 4th. Hopefully I'll be able to get in some fishing and perhaps shooting as well. Have a great weekend.

Last edited:
Good morning Mossberg Owners. Rain this morning in most of northeast. Oklahoma. The forecast is for maybe 3 inches of much needed rain. It's 76 degrees outside.

Good Morning Mossberg Forum !!

Yet another glorious day here in the Glen...

Well it's a hot day in the valley.

Somewhere around 105°F out on my patio.

I'm going fishing tomorrow up in the mountains, and I still need to put the batteries back in the boat and reattach the control panel.

I didn't change the taillights yet but I'm going to put in a new bulb and reseal them with silicone.

I'm adding some Redwood Bunk Boards to the sides of the trailer. I just put the third coat of urethane on and they are drying in the Sun.

Well...looks like rain today here in Pennsylvania...

I guess the vegetable garden will like it...

Good morning all. Its early not sure why in up. Woke at 430 out on porch having coffee its dead quite only crickets. Kinda nice.

Good morning folks.

I finally got the boat out yesterday, after a grueling week of trailer repair.

It was a big relief to get it back out on the water. It was a lovely day on the lake and except for the fact that the fishing wasn't very good and a couple idiots literally tried to swamp us. When I agreed to take my buddy Bobby this weekend I didn't think about the fact that it would be the first day in a long Fourth of July weekend.

Fortunately we got out early got in early and got home early so we avoided the worst of the public boating crowds. But there was one idiot on a jet ski that I would like to put a couple shotgun blasts through.

My lovely wife has been asking me to take her shooting again, as we haven't been in 2 months. I need to go pick up some more .380 ammunition so she can practice with the new pistol. I've also been collecting miscellaneous let along the way and I have a lot more stuff to cast now.

Just another day in Paradise...

Good morning Forum.

I didn't do much yesterday. I managed get the chargers on the boat batteries, but otherwise I spent the entire day resting and trying to recover from near-exhaustion. This is the kind of crap that happens when I get obsessed with things and end up working myself too hard.

There was nothing more that I wanted than to get out of the valley and go fishing up in the mountains and if I hadn't finished the boat I would have just gone and rented one.

But that would have been a heartbreaker after so much work. Why else would I work on the boat until 2 in the morning and then get up to go fishing at 5?

It's the insanity of obsessive compulsion.

Back