• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Advice on applying a finish

You've got me thinking about putting it on my Shockwave grips. I wonder if the finish is a bit rubbery or if it is hard and slick. I would definitely want a coarse texture.

I don't think I'd mind a little rubbery. Hard and slick wouldn't be any worse than factory I don't suppose. I too want a coarse texture as long as it isn't gritty and this doesn't look like it would be.

I have no problem with the factory grips. However, I would like to change the look a bit without losing grip. A little rubbery would be more to my liking also. But, then if I put it on the fore grip, will it impede my removing the gun from the scabbard? Why can't I just leave well enough alone? I can't stop wanting to fiddle with the Shockwave. I might buy some of this stuff and try a splatter pattern...something more aggressive....something different.

Cool link, good find!

I'm kinda liking the bed liner look a little more for now. To me it looks a little more "pebbled" and less like "grit" if that makes any sense at all, lol!

I'm hoping I can get this going soon. I still have to purchase the stock. I want the look of McMillan or Masters without paying the price that goes with it. I don't think I need that much stock anyway. I just want something better than Savages absolutely cheapest stock ever made. In history. Ever.

I think what I'll do is practice on the factory stock. If I like it, I'll do the new stock too. If I don't like it, I'll still have a good stock.
I've got one of those stocks as well. Tried to stiffen it by bedding an aluminum rod into the forend, the flex just moved back a little way. Ugh.... my goal is to put a Boyds on it someday.

And they're not unreasonably priced. I'm thinking the one I was looking at was in the 130 dollar range.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

Yeah that stock is terrible. The forearm flexes in my hand as I'm shooting off sandbags, and that's just aiming. Pulling the trigger makes it worse. It flexes if I squeeze it too hard with my fingers! I am a retired office worker & not at all The Incredible Hulk.

Anyhow I think my Savage is a great little gun but the stock turns it into a toy.

Back