• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg Serial Number Data Base

Congrats on your new Mossy and thank you for posting your numbers. I'll update our data base.

My Mossberg 500 ATP is J105xxx and confirmed by Mossberg and Numrich to be 1983 - not sure on the month.
My Mossberg 500AB is D756xx (only 5 numeric digits) I found somewhere a long time ago that it was a 1973 if I recall- Possibly sold by Sears?
My Mossberg 500C is C714xx (only 5 numeric digits) I found somewhere that it was around a 1970-1973 as well - Possibly sold by Sears?

Thank you for posting your numbers. I will update our data base.

New guy here. I see that the first L series listed in the opening post is L128xxx- June 1992.
I have a Mossberg 500A serial number L1223xx and need to know if this is also a 1992 manufacture??
I got the shotgun from a cowboy action shooter enthusiast estate sale and don't have anymore info on when it was purchased.
Barrel is in the 20" range as was the Winchester 1897 I got from the same lot. I guess the shorter barrels are used for the competition as well as BLACK POWDER. The Mossberg seems like it was used with smokeless powder but the Winchester is SOAKED in black powder residue!!!!!

I like the Mossberg for home defense with the shorter barrel but the Winchester is going to need some serious cleaning!!

bob

Welcome.
From looking at the list of serial numbers I would say yours is a 1992. You would have to call Mossberg to find out the exact date for sure.

Mossberg customer service (800) 363-3555

Thank you for posting your numbers. I will update our data base.

Mossberg 500C 20 Guage serial G513***. Was my dad’s and I pretty much took it and I haven’t missed a pheasant yet. People make fun of me since it’s a 20 gauge but it gets the job done.

Welcome and thank you for posting your numbers. I'll update our data base.

Mossberg 500C 20 Guage serial G513***. Was my dad’s and I pretty much took it and I haven’t missed a pheasant yet. People make fun of me since it’s a 20 gauge but it gets the job done.

I have been getting more into 20, 28 and .410 the older I get. The 12 gauge is fine but recoil can be a determining factor for shooting enjoyment.
I was always admonished to watch out for an older guy with a .410 or 28 gauge wanting to challenge you to a little sporting bet at the range. You might regret your 'snickering' decision.

bob

Welcome. Thank you for posting your numbers. I'll update our data base.

Back