• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Ruger 10.22 with BSA Sweet 22 sight in day

Well I like the bolt hold open mod but I don't think I need the latch release. That's just for guys with big fingers, right.

My issue is that one of the magazines I have doesn't like to eject. It's defective in some measure & I probably need to file it off a little bit.

I like the mag release because I can simply move my trigger finger and point it forward and the mag drops. No fidgeting needed.

My sister was here in December and bought a new 10.22 hers had a decent mag release. Mine is from the early 80s and mag release is a pain i pretty much have to roll the rifle upside down to manipulate it. Its hi time i remedy that nonsense.1500949407840-399864100.jpg

Yeah, that would be real old by now.

If you don't want the pws, if you want my newer factory release, I'll see if I can find it and give it to you. I imagine it's a later 2016 model since I bought it around new years.

The one thing that I don't like about the Ruger 10/22 is that the proportions of the magazine make it difficult to remove if it decides to get a speck of dirt in that crack.

I don't know why they don't have a little handle or something on them. It's very difficult to grab the things.

Or there are the 25/50 round mags that seat well below the stock

BSA sweet 22 follow up. Used it a good bit on range i like it. Remembering our squirrel season had just opened i decided to tote the .22 on my morning walk. No real hunting planned just take my normal 20170920_100622.jpg morning walk and if presented a target give it a go. Im actually sighted in with 40grn solid leads but took a mag loaded with the cci quites have to hand cycle but they dont wake the dead and disrupt the woods so much. I didnt get what i can call a mess of squirrels but i did see 3 and il call 2 of them lunch today. I take headshots with the .22 missed one. Not bad having not dialed in for the quites. Scope does well adjusts magnification easy on the fly and the AO is a good feature. So BSA .22 scope passes its first mild field test. I dont usually hunt squirrels till it cools down but gotta say it was kinda fun. Kinda tough sledding with all foliage still on trees shotgun may actually be more productive right now.

I don't know why a lot of people think they have to upgrade their 10/22 barrels for them to be "ultra accurate"

Mine is accurate enough to put food on the table. Looks like yours is too. Besides, headshots are a testament in itself that they're plenty accurate enough.

Back