• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Ar pistol parts straggling in.

Forgot to add, if you go with a dedicated NV suppressed upper, the Liberty Leonidas is the best commercial upper you can get for it that I am aware of.

Had a peak at that leonidas thats pretty good stuff not my thing though. Id probably never spend that much on an Ar anything, a good bird dog without hesitation a nice double gun possibly an AR nah.
As for the flash can i wasmt really thinking of effect on accuracy/harmonics i was just thinking heck even without this pig on end of my barrel gas and flash should just blow straight out the barrel ? Or would it be too obnoxious without device ?

You can try it both ways and see what you think.

I don't shoot supersonic bullets out of mine anymore. I've worked too hard at getting it as quiet as possible. And to be able to use it as a primary HD gun though I would entertain the thought of using some supers while hunting from a stand or ground blind. I mainly bought the supers just for the brass when I was first getting into it to be honest. I don't recall anything memorable about the flash though.

Ive decided its def a keeper. Jury still out optic wise il give it some time and decide after some usage. Ive said in other topics im not remotely crafty or artistic but i gave it a paint job today. A good scrub with some no chlor brake clean let it dry then went at it. Used some pine needles.20171017_154801.jpg 20171017_155629.jpg 20171017_161059.jpg

All I see is a brick wall in the back of the picture

I am using a Bushnell Banner 1.75-5x shotgun scope. Has the circle X reticle.

With the lower magnification is exactly what I need because I think the undergrowth and limited range are very similar for us, plus the reticle is fast on target too.

The low magnification is not much different than irons and making it on target is about as quick as irons. And the little extra magnification is welcome at longer distances too. Sometimes I like to zoom in better to see what's-what.

The shotgun scope is well suited for the kind of hunting that we deal with trees and bushes and stuff and with good eye relief too.

For low light or night, would be night vision all the way obviously. Might look a little goofy, but as Han Solo once said, it may not look like much kid, but she's got it where it counts ;)

One of the big draws for the blackout is the powder burns quickly, which gets the bullet up to speed very quickly despite the short barrel. With ballistics similar to 7.62x39 And I think both of us agree that it does fine for whitetail (and hogs I hear).

As for clarifying about not using Loctite, no I don't understand that either. Just don't Loctite the setscrew. This is probably one of those times where it's easier just to follow directions than trying to understand why.

I will admit that I like nitride barrels too. So far, I think I have ended up with three or four of them so far.

But I don't have any problem with a good stainless barrel either.

iipsrv.fcgi
Forgive me for backpedaling the thread, but as I read it i draw this conclusion. Red loctite requires heat to break free. Therefore it's basically permanent, because in heating the screw to soften the red loctite you would destroy the stock. No one would be willing to do that to a "temporary" piece. Blue though, can be readily loosened, you know if you don't want it there permanently.

Yeah, that is going to work real nice. What colors did you use on it?

DieselMudder, the ATF is the one who determined they didn't want people to use Loctite. I never saw the need to myself. I just tighten up the set screw and call it good.

DieselMudder, the ATF is the one who determined they didn't want people to use Loctite. I never saw the need to myself. I just tighten up the set screw and call it good.
Agreed, just my interpretation FWIW

I used kakhi, forest green, and black(very little spritz of the black)

Back