• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 590 Shock Wave

I hope your Shockwave wasn't part of the wedding......(shotgun wedding).
Oh, it can't be that since the Shockwave is a 'weapon' not a shotgun.
Congratulations on the wedding.

Tomac how about trying the cdmgear light mount they made for the shockwave. It should push the light out fwd enough to keep it from hitting your support thumb. Since it is essentially a mag tube clamp design it's ambi. You can just flip it over so you can mount the light on either side of the gun. Unless the magpul forend doesn't allow enough room for this mount.
MTRSgroup.gif

Last edited:
If you ditched the serpa you'd have more room for shells...because the Mossberg will always work.

Yeah, but I need to be able to do transitions during the shotgun class I plan on taking and this is pretty much the same setup I use w/my AR's when I take classes.

Tomac how about trying the cdmgear light mount they made for the shockwave. It should push the light out fwd enough to keep it from hitting your support thumb. Since it is essentially a mag tube clamp design it's ambi. You can just flip it over so you can mount the light on either side of the gun. Unless the magpul forend doesn't allow enough room for this mount.
MTRSgroup.gif

Actually, I have one of those new & unused sitting on my workbench right now (unused because as you surmised, there isn't sufficient room for it using the Magpul forend), guess I'll be putting it up for sale sometime soon.

Tomac

I would be interested in hearing about your experience shooting the mini's out of the Shockwave.

Rico, I've fired some of the mini shells with no problem. The 4 Buck+ 1 Buck combo appears to pattern a little wider than the standard loads (buck and shot)(see post #257, page 14 of this thread). I've had zero failures using the mini shells in the Shockwave with the OpSol adapter. The recoil is maybe 1/2 of the recoil of a standard 2 3/4" 4 Buck Federal load. They are fun to shoot. The mini's are more than powerful enough for self defense at normal srlf defense distances (30 yards or so).

Here is a video that shows gel penetration for the mini slug and mini buckshot mixed load. The test was done with an interior wall setup in front of the gel.

@Rico I just ordered the quad rail/side shell holder combo from Black Aces Tactical. That with the wood furniture I have should look nice when it's done!(pics are from BAT's Facebook page) Will post mine when she's complete!
38c601c9fe14d4692cc2934993d5af4f.jpg
060b19415dc0ba7d1db23dde6cc0f3b4.jpg
9e8311bd3fd56a63c7114fafd4a1389e.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Amigo.......I am excited about what you are planning. Several folks have taken the Shockwave to a new level, and I think you are about to do the same. Keep us posted on your progress....and don't forget the pictures. Have fun!! When you get your Shockwave just the way you like, be sure to post pictures on the new "Photo" thread.

Back