• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Remington TAC-14 in 20ga. Will Mossberg follow?

I copied the images of the 12ga and 20ga Shockwaves from the Mossberg website. I had to resize the 20ga image smaller. I tried to match the length of each. You can see the differences (minor) between each.

image.jpg

While the 20 gauge is listed on the Mossberg website, I don't think any are available yet out in the wild. I have looked everywhere and I haven't found any for sale.

I like the 20ga Shockwave but I don't need one. The 20ga is nice for the lower recoil of some of the shell available but the 12ga Shockwave has a much wider range of available shells. You can go full bore with a 3" magnum shell or dial it back to a pussycat with the mini-shells. You have that option at any time. I think that the mini-shells have a lower recoil than the 20ga. The weight and capacity are the same for both the 20ga and 12ga at 5+1 but the 12ga is much better with the mini-shells at 8+1. At this time there are no mini-shells for the 20ga that I am aware of. The versatility of the 12ga is much superior to the 20ga. Again, I like the 20ga and I think it will sell well but I don't need one (want one - yes).

Gallery of Guns has interviewed Mossberg on the 20ga. You can see it here. One of the comments is that this is the first 20ga 590 for Mossberg with all the 590 upgrades from the 500.

Gallery of Guns is now showing the 20ga Shockwave with a MSRP of $455.00. However all of the stock is listed as "Allocated" so you can't order yet.

http://www.galleryofguns.com/genie/default.aspx?item=50657

If you go to the Mossberg site for the 20ga Shockwave the link is the Gallery of Guns banner under the MSRP listing.

http://www.mossberg.com/product/590-shockwave-6-shot-20-gauge/

Edit: If you search "Mossberg 50657" you can find two distributors and one other site that list the 20 gauge.

Last edited:
A search shows that a few more dealers are showing the 20ga Shockwave. Of course, all are out of stock.

A search at 8:;35 PM tonight now shows about 10 sites that list the 20 ga. All of the sites, except one, list the gun as out of stock. Combat Armory has the 20 ga listed and does not say if the gun is in stock or not in stock. Their cost is $349.00 and free shipping. I know nothing about this site.

http://www.combatarmory.com/mossberg-590-shockwave-20ga-shotgun-free-shipping/

Edit: Gunbroker has 2 Mossberg 590 20ga Shockwaves listed and 3 20ga "Shockwaves" made from Mossberg 500 receivers listed. Make sure you read the description of the listing carefully.

Last edited:
Hi All;

New guy here with my first post. I've had my 12ga. Shockwave for some time now. I've made a few mods to it like Talon grips, upgraded magazine follower and ProMag safety. I plan to get the Big Dot front sight. I also hope to see someone come out with a heat-shield made specifically for the Shockwave. I really love this firearm.

This afternoon I got a notice from Grabagun that the 20ga. Shockwave was in stock. Of course I had to get it! So by next week, I should have a Shockwave in 12 gauge and 20 gauge. I plan on setting up the 20ga pretty much the same as the 12ga.

I'll post pictures of the two Shockwaves as soon as I get the 20ga.

Best regards.

Hey, Hey, Craig. I believe you are the first member to own a 12ga. and a 20ga. We would really like to see pictures of the two together, and we welcome you to the neighborhood. We are a curious crowd and look forward to seeing pictures of the progress you make on your two new family members.

Grabagun is still showing the 20 gauge Shockwave in stock as of Monday morning. $359 plus $8 shipping seemed like a good deal to me. It's less than I paid for my 12 gauge Shockwave.

I am torn! I would really like to get a 20ga Shockwve but realistically I can't justify it right now. I can't find any real difference between the 12ga and the 20ga. The physical dimensions and capacities are the same. 5+1 shells, 5.3 pounds, 26.5" long with a 14" cylinder bore barrel. Now the major difference goes to the 12ga when you use the OpSol adapter and the Aguila Mini-Shells. This combo increases the capacity to 8+1 shells over the standard 5+1 shells. That combined with the greater firepower of the 12ga and wide range of ammo over the 20ga makes the 12ga a better choice than the 20ga. So, for me, the 12ga I have will do just fine. I may pick up a 20 in the future. Not sure yet.

Ahhhh.......Mark.......she's younger....she's more gentle....she's new and exciting....and she plays hard to get......Of Course You Want Her!
Then there's the "Experienced One".....offering a powerful presence....a variety of pleasures.....and already a part of your concubine.
Pray Tell.....What is a Man To Do???
I sense you are a young man, and if I were too, I would sell something....anything.... to cuddle with both of these lovely creatures...to feel their offerings.
However, I am up in years, and will stay with the "experienced lady", and hope that I can hang on tight as the two of us ride off into the sunset.
Recoil Be Damned......I'm here for the ride!

Last edited:
Ah, Rico. I really do enjoy reading your posts. However, this young whippersnapper will turn 72 this month and I already sold what I could to get the "experienced lady". She gives a great ride and makes me smile from start to finish.

Ah, Rico. I really do enjoy reading your posts. However, this young whippersnapper will turn 72 this month and I already sold what I could to get the "experienced lady". She gives a great ride and makes me smile from start to finish.
:laugh::laugh::laugh: Mark, I'm 70 years old. I reckon our enthusiasm for the Shockwave is one of the things that keeps us young. I read our comments to my wife, and after much laughter, she said you and I are crazy.:crazy::crazy:
Let's take that as a compliment.:cheers:

Back