• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Slugs and shockwave

MP1SG

Copper BB
Greetings
Who shoot slugs with the shockwave and whats the technique used??
I am able to handle the recoil (with practice) just can't see to get decent hits. Saw youtube video of several people hitting steel plates at 80 yards. Just wondering if anyone here can add some insight
thanks
1SG
OUT

Welcome, MP1SG, to Mossberg Owners from E TN.

images

license_20121027180427_80337.jpg

No 2 3/4" or 3" slugs for me and I`m a bit skidish when it comes to firing some of the 2 3/4" 00 out this little hand cannon but I would consider trying some of the Aguila mini slugs...The Shockwave does take some technique!

A man's got to know his limitations. -Harry Callahan

I either use the NSI 2 1/4" 6 pellet 00 or the Aguila mini buck....

LRBS2.jpg

Good point.

if the slug hits within a few inches of POA then your buckshot will be golden!

i like it.

In all honesty I don't recall ever thinking of a Shockwave and slugs in the same sentence.
Actually i was able to hit steel plates at 50 yards with my shockwave and some federal slugs. The gun has a purpose with slugs and buck shot. i might add get the XS big Dot and see if that helps.
Thanks
1SG

Forrest
You can hit a steel plate at 500 yards with a Mossberg Shockwave? The steel plate I was using is 24"x24" hanging off a stand secured to the stand using an old fire hose the steel is free swinging which allows me to hear the slug hitting the steel. I Know that's a pretty large target area, but still pretty good considering the 14' barrel and NO stock
Out
MP 1SG

Back