• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

School Protests

carbinemike

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
The walkouts yesterday were typical liberal garbage started by the vagina hat wearing women's marchers. The schools around here all gave it a thumbs up and the time was labeled as a 17 minute memorial for those that died in Florida. My kids didn't participate as they both said it would be politicized as anti gun. They were correct. Their school made a morning announcement about the memorial time and then added "they all died of gunshot wounds". As usual with the left, the lies were flowing. They counted schools on spring break as participating as well as schools not even in this country. Our local rag praised the anti gun protests sold to the kids as a memorial. One school in the US had a kid removed for carrying a "guns don't kill, people do" sign. I think my favorite was a school of 700 has one kid that went out. A look at the schools participating show they were heavily in democrat/liberal areas...no surprise there. Time to go back to eating Tide pods and complaining how hard their lives are.

I read more than one message where it said they were being forced to participate.

FWIW, the high school where my middle son attends, zero people walked out.

Granted, they had a snow day, and I have no doubt in my mind that if teenagers had an opportunity to ditch class, they would've whether they supported anything or not. Just the mere fact they could get out of class would have been the motivating factor.

If they really wanted to find out how many people support it, ask them to put down their phones and other electronic communication for even 17 hours, would have certainly showed who were seriously supporting this. Most wouldn't do it.

Students trash business during anti gun protest: https://www.themaven.net/bluelivesm...ng-gun-walkout-ycMzI2_TGECTVqp4Vxb3QQ?&full=1
Student walks out, finds himself all alone: http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...ts-leaves-class-gun-control-walk-finds-alone/

joseph-dobrian-d-wir-this-school-walkout-thing-is-giving-me-31568713.png

I guess she has no idea what molon labe was in reference to.

This is a great example of rewarding ignorance.

She carries a stupid sign about the NRA and gets free time off.

Now if some kid would wear that sweatshirt to a school function and actually explains to somebody what ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ means, the kid would get suspended from school. Zero tolerance and all that.

-- Any administrator that complies with Zero Tolerance rules is saying, "I'm too ignorant to analyze situations and act appropriately. It's easier to look in a a book that someone else wrote so I don't have to think and explain my reasoning."

It's easier to look in a a book that someone else wrote so I don't have to think and explain my reasoning."

...and get paid $150,000+ for doing it.

Two weeks ago our school had a week where each day the kids were asked to dress to a theme. On red, white and blue day my son wore his red and blue Savage arms shirt with the Indian head logo, Pro 2A slogan and 2 crossed rifles. he told me I might be getting a call. Nobody teacher even noticed.

Last edited:
Baltimore is going to spend $100,000 to send 60 bus loads of kids to DC for an anti gun rally. They will also provide t-shirts and food. This is a school district that couldn't pay to fix their heating in January and has a huge budget deficit. They also have 13 schools where not one kid scored as proficient.

This is the kind of bass-akward (ass backward for those not familiar with the term) thinking we are up against.

Here in the Columbia, South Carolina we had a female student arrested for stealing $108 from walk out student's book bags while they were outside protesting.
I suck at links, I truly do!

I thought students were fighting threats to be counted absent if they walked out, but get this...
--------
An Ohio high school student said he tried to stay apolitical during the National Walkout Day over gun violence but was suspended for his choice to remain in a classroom instead of joining protests or the alternative, going to study hall.

Jacob Shoemaker, a senior at Hilliard Davidson High School, said he didn’t want to take sides in the gun-control debate consuming the country. If he went outside for the walkout, he said, he would be supporting gun control. If he stayed in the common area of the school, he said, he would be seen as supporting gun violence and disrespecting the 17 lives lost in the Parkland, Fla. High school shooting the month before.

Jacob had met with the school’s principal on Tuesday, a day before the rally, for about an hour to find out what exactly the walkout was supporting. But he said the principal reportedly told him it was for the “students to express themselves.”

This left Jacob wondering if it was a memorial for the lives lost or a show of support for gun control.

He decided, instead, to stay in class for about 20 minutes doing homework after his teacher and fellow classmates left and locked the door.

When they returned, he was slapped with a suspension.

1521226392783.jpg

Jacob’s father, Scott Shoemaker, said his son was just trying to stay neutral – and did nothing wrong.

“Politics [doesn’t] belong in the school,” he said. “Students shouldn’t be pressured into taking a side.”

The district says it's responsible for students' safety and they can't be unsupervised.

Link <---

If the teacher and administrators left the student unsupervised, how about suspending the staff associated with this incident without pay for the duration of the students suspension, and including leaving it on their permanent record.

The school admitted that they failed to provide a safe environment.

Instead of making political statements, why aren't the schools concentrating what they were mandated to do?

Seems pretty cut and dry to me.

I would have argued that without a lot of police protection, all those kids standing around Outdoors represented a very soft Target Of Opportunity.

My kids did not participate in the sanctioned protest (EXACTLY what it is) mainly because they were on Spring Break. ;) If given the opportunity they would NOT, anyway. Here are the reasons: (1) if I find out they participated, I will take their phones away (2) use of the car will then become limited (3) any video games with guns in them will be destroyed and (4) thankfully, they are both good kids and not at all indoctrinated like some of the losers protesting. Yes, I called them losers because they are complaining crybabies expecting to get their way and will be the first to be culled when the SHTF. Protesting is anti-capitalist IMO. It is not productive AT ALL--time spent in a picket line is time NOT spent doing something useful or enlightening.

The kids and I went to the range during the break and burned about 1000 rounds between 7 guns! :) On the way to the range I explained my position on all of the goings on mainly so they would hear a sensible viewpoint. I spoke on how gun ownership is a tradition in our family. My dad's dad taught him and my uncles how to shoot. My dad taught me and my brother how to shoot. I am teaching them how to shoot. And they should plan on teaching their kids how to shoot. But if they let guns be outlawed, this will not be possible. I explained the importance of the Second Amendment and how if the government can disarm the population, they can more easily control us and limit the effectiveness of the other Amendments such as the First and Fourth (free speech and freedom from search & seizure). I explained how we are one or two (H)EMPs away from total anarchy (ie: power grid down) and shouldn't count on the gov't to protect us from roving gangs of thieves once the supermarkets are bare (3 days).

We also exercised an AR with bump stock attached and it was everyone's first time. The kids couldn't get enough of it! :D Burned at least 400rds! My general impression is that it is a novelty and ammo-waster. I could be more effective using aimed un-aided semi fire. I explained to the kids about how it was used in Las Vegas and why it is currently legal to own.

Our knee-jerking Gubna seemed to think we no longer should have Bumpys in FL effective Oct. I sent him a letter saying that trying to appease the loudmouths will only upset the people who will ACTUALLY vote for you. I said I will remember this when it comes time to vote for US Senator, especially if there is a primary challenger. He is up against current Seniletor Bill Nelson, a true piece of shix. My threat is veiled because I would take Scott over Nelson any day!

Back